United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > MUFC Tickets and Travel

Old 04-06-2017, 10:31 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
What a way to wrap up your testimonial 25 yard daisy cutter at the Stretford End. Delighted for him, there are few players more deserving tbh.

Giggs is probably still better than 80% of the PL btw.
Saddens me how he is perceived by the younger generation of Utd fans, talk as if his longevity was his main strength and he was overrated.

I miss Giggs on European nights, no-one, not even Ronaldo or Eric could exhilarate the crowd as he did.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:36 PM
andyroo

Missed it earlier though I saw all the goals and stuff at the end.

Paddy

Old 05-06-2017, 01:12 AM
Part 36 Offer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Saddens me how he is perceived by the younger generation of Utd fans, talk as if his longevity was his main strength and he was overrated.

I miss Giggs on European nights, no-one, not even Ronaldo or Eric could exhilarate the crowd as he did.
Absolutely. My favourite ever United player by some distance. Same old story with long-serving, great players: completely taken for granted by the end.

Old 05-06-2017, 01:17 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Missed it earlier though I saw all the goals and stuff at the end.

Paddy

https://twitter.com/SemperFiUnited/s...93666606280705

Just looking at some highlights and Pat Crerand remarking on how fit Evra looks. He does play for Marseille pal

Lovely strike from Cazza

Old 05-06-2017, 09:22 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

Should've added; Seedorf definitely is

Old 05-06-2017, 10:39 AM
Sparky***

Saw bits of this

Rooney is an unmitigated disgrace isn't he

Old 05-06-2017, 10:44 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Saw bits of this

He was FUMING when the penalty wasn't awarded. It's a testimonial ffs

Old 05-06-2017, 12:00 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Saw bits of this

It was some achievement to look as past it as he did in that company.

Old 05-06-2017, 01:15 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Saw bits of this

It was a bit embarrassing

He looked shit. Like he has done. Couldn't even relax and play well in a testimonial with all his mates. Retired 40 year olds genuinely looked better than him. And then he got all pissed off and humourless.

Ooh, he's so competitive. Even wants to win a friendly etc.

Old 05-06-2017, 01:34 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Had to laugh when I seen the team sheets

Retired Players Select XI
John Terry (Capt)

We have to nominate a captain, who wants the arm band?

Well that will be me of course, stands to reason, I'm John Terry, Captain Lionheart......if Phil Nevilles getting it I'm going home, I'm the natural born leader here and facking no mistake etc etc