United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Old 25-04-2017, 07:30 AM
Arnold Muhren

Reckon the yanks may take out his military/nuclear development sites facilities with conventional drone strikes. Won't be more than that but recalling the senate is sort of a big deal so it will likely be somethings about to go down.

Old 25-04-2017, 07:38 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
Reckon the yanks may take out his military/nuclear development sites facilities with conventional drone strikes. Won't be more than that but recalling the senate is sort of a big deal so it will likely be somethings about to go down.
I'd bet cruise rather than drone, but yes, I agree

Old 25-04-2017, 07:43 AM
redhegemony

This would be the US President who din't want to intervene anywhere...

Old 25-04-2017, 07:49 AM
BarryX

North Korea reminds me of the school year nutcase who says he'll fight with anyone, but has his eyes fixed on the top boy: maybe he doesn't have the muscles or the ability to take out the toughest kid in the playground, but he's bragging to all and sundry about getting tooled up. Can America really just waltz into class and ignore the taunts (and potentially the threat of getting shanked one day) or does it take the fight to the c**ky little gobshite. In an ideal world, the UN should be taking the role of school governor and call in Kimmy the Nutjob's parents to give them a stern ticking off and make sure they throw away all his weapons, but alas that ain't going to happen.

I therefore think America is in a damned if you do, damned if you don't type situation, and it's a bloody shame that the UN doesn't have the clout required to sort out these messes before they escalate. Have never understood the lack of love for global governance.

Old 25-04-2017, 08:10 AM
armchair

i think they have to try make a deal where Kim Jong-un sees no option but to disarm and where he's not immediately killed but instead oversees an improvement in the lives of all north koreans. However, i think there will be limited strikes on nk nuclear sites first if he keeps on testing icbm or nukes.

The biggest issue will be overcoming the cult of the personality if he's killed or deposed. That can't be done overnight and if just before he dies he urges all citizens to fight the imperialists in every way possible forever then they may well do.

Old 25-04-2017, 08:30 AM
Crumps

They'll blow themselves with nuclear material and shit rockets. f***ing idiots.

Old 25-04-2017, 08:32 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Have never understood the lack of love for global governance.
when Denis sees this

Old 25-04-2017, 08:36 AM
MrBishi

NK will continue sabre rattling as a means of getting attention, the western press will continue reporting satirical blog posts as if they're real stories (and NK have no reason to argue, being seen as unpredictable helps their position & who cares what a bunch of white pigs think anyway), and nothing else will happen until there's a coup from within, the state collapses and they end up slowly integrated into the RoK.

Old 25-04-2017, 09:00 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
They'll blow themselves with nuclear material and shit rockets. f***ing idiots.

Old 25-04-2017, 09:35 AM
Cream

Trump was pretty clear in the run up to the election: we need to stop winding up nations with huge nuclear arsenals, and other nations need to stop winding us (i.e. him) up.

He's had a chat with China, so let's see what kind of deal was made.

I wonder if there was a plan in place before Trump took office, whereby the Chinese would direct North Korean generals to slit fatso's throat? Kim's dimwit brother might have been cued up as his successor, hence his assassination.

All the Yanks would have to do is threaten to strike, then the Chinese would inform Pyongyang that there was nothing they could do other than to tell the west to back off in the event of regime change, so get slicing.

Cream's verdict: no MOABS this week.