United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Food and Drink

Old 16-04-2017, 09:11 PM
Crumps

No more c**k for Cream.

Old 24-04-2017, 07:17 AM
Sapien

Matt Wridley in the Times today with an article Jem and Morrissey will love.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/c...rder-dlr597b2c

"One day we will see that meat is murder"

Behind a paywall though probably.

Old 25-04-2017, 06:53 PM
Cream

Still entirely vegetarian.

Tonight I had Quorn meatballs. Surprisingly tasty!

Here's the recipe I came up with for Lou's meatballs:

Fresh flat leaf parsley.
Allspice
Cinnamon
Cloves
Garlic salt
wholemeal breadcrumbs
salt
pepper
lightly beaten egg
grated cheddar cheese
chili flakes
chopped onion

I tasted the surrounding sauce. Fuuuuuuck, She adored it.

But yeah, the Quorn was ok!

Old 25-04-2017, 08:33 PM
irk

I had chicken twice today.

Pan fried. Sugar snap peas, rocket, pasta, creme fraiche, squeeze of lemon. Well played dead bird, your seared flesh was delightful.

Old 25-04-2017, 08:55 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk View Post
I had chicken twice today.

Pan fried. Sugar snap peas, rocket, pasta, creme fraiche, squeeze of lemon. Well played dead bird, your seared flesh was delightful.
Hope you get bird flu and AIDS.

Murderer.

Old 28-09-2017, 11:16 PM
Cream

https://www.theguardian.com/business...d-safety-dates

Quote:
The largest supplier of chicken to UK supermarkets has been tampering with food safety records in moves that could dupe consumers into buying meat past its use-by date.
Quote:
Speaking about how chicken is returned by supermarket distribution centres, a third 2 Sisters worker said: “They will repack [the returned meat] like [it is] today’s production ... It is sent back on [the line] like today’s production. They mix it with today’s production.”

Last edited by Cream; 28-09-2017 at 11:18 PM.

Old 29-09-2017, 12:31 AM
guerreiro

Growing up, the best before dates were always arbitrary, it was all about who had the biggest cojones to stretch the limit.

Old 29-09-2017, 08:46 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro View Post
Growing up, the best before dates were always arbitrary, it was all about who had the biggest cojones to stretch the limit.
Exactly. 'Best before' the date, not 'deadly after'. You may lose a little flavour but it'd have to be rolled in dog shit before it's as bad quorn.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:27 PM
browser

Have made a conscious decision to eat less meat in recent weeks after reading about sustainability and the impact livestock has on the environment. We try and have 3 or 4 vegetarian days a week, a couple of pesci and one day where we eat a nice bit of meat, usually a Sunday roast or a midweek Chilli.

It's a good balance. Feel healthier and definitely losing weight but still get to eat a nice roast or snack on a Kabanos if I feel like it. It's a good level of smug when you can say you're doing something about reducing the consumption of unsustainables without becoming a complete "ooh look at me" vegan dickface.

Porridge and bananas for breakfast sets you up nicely, then it's all about finding tasty veg based recipes.

Made a banging leek and potato soup at the weekend that did for a couple of lunches. Ratatouille is also a good shout for a tasty and fresh one potter that you can eat throughout the week.

That beef roast on Sunday tho

Old 05-10-2017, 02:34 PM
suedeshoes

What a f***ing Tarquin.