United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Wrestling

Old 03-04-2017, 07:38 PM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
It's acting, the winners are pre decided....

Sgt Slaughter in the house

The results are pre determined - obviously - but 2 things:

1) How they get to that result is up for grabs. On the Talk is Jericho podcast with Roman Reigns he mentions how hard it was getting any offence in against Lesnar and arguing with him and Paul Heyman was tough going.

Imagine if in Game of Thrones Jon Snow refused to get beaten up by Mance Raydar and should just kill him immediately?

2) Fan outcry got the women's match moved into the main show.

This is like fans shouting on Game of Thrones that they'd like to see more of Gendry and so a last episode rewrite has to take place and a story in Dorne binned at the last moment .

So yes, it is pretty determined but still more real than any other non sporting event in the world.

Anyway. This for me will always be the legacy of the undertaker. Nightmares guaranteed

Last edited by Jez Quigley; 03-04-2017 at 07:43 PM.

Old 03-04-2017, 07:45 PM
Bunker Buster

The results are pre determined but sometimes it's hard to fool the paying audience and PPV gimps so takes a while to get there...

Right...

Old 03-04-2017, 07:49 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Sgt Slaughter in the house

The results are pre determined - obviously - but 2 things:

1) How they get to that result is up for grabs. On the Talk is Jericho podcast with Roman Reigns he mentions how hard it was getting any offence in against Lesnar and arguing with him and Paul Heyman was tough going.

Imagine if in Game of Thrones Jon Snow refused to get beaten up by Mance Raydar and should just kill him immediately?

2) Fan outcry got the women's match moved into the main show.

This is like fans shouting on Game of Thrones that they'd like to see more of Gendry and so a last episode rewrite has to take place and a story in Dorne binned at the last moment .

So yes, it is pretty determined but still more real than any other non sporting event in the world.

Anyway. This for me will always be the legacy of the undertaker. Nightmares guaranteed

https://youtu.be/Xx3AGPR2HTc
Why are you bothering ?

Old 03-04-2017, 08:09 PM
Jethro

Quote:
It's acting, the winners are pre decided....

Old 03-04-2017, 08:28 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
The results are pre determined but sometimes it's hard to fool the paying audience and PPV gimps so takes a while to get there...

Right...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
Why are you bothering ?
I know

The likes of Bunks and Sparky are why I don't post anywhere else on here nowadays. They're like Harry Enfield characters who have a sliver of information on something and then not only can they not move from that viewpoint, they become experts at it

I have no problem of course with people not liking wrestling - it's a free world and vive la difference - but I don't understand why people come on to a wrestling thread just to argue against it and not supplement it in any way.

Back on track, I find the business fascinating and Heyman and Lesnar are formidable at protecting their brand and they pretty much won at WM31. The point Bunks missed is that it has nothing to do with the viewers - the real battles are who looks best in the journey and thus makes more money. Lesnar is a smart cookie. He pushed for the Goldberg matches and damn, it paid off. He got paid that much money for about 13 minutes PPV wrestling since Summerslam

As for the women's move, I wonder what the implications are for Ambrose/Corbin? I think it's right that the women got a spot and I thought they did well, botches aside.

Can't wait to see where they go tonight. Balor returning? Who will challenge Lesnar or will he just stay off the roster until Summerslam. I said earlier but nobody does a big match feel like Lesnar and I loved that Goldberg match.

I just pray we get Broken Matt tonight too....

Last edited by Jez Quigley; 03-04-2017 at 08:30 PM.

Old 03-04-2017, 08:32 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

The likes of Bunks and Sparky are why I don't post anywhere else on here nowadays. They're like Harry Enfield characters who have a sliver of information on something and then not only can they not move from that viewpoint, they become experts at it

Apart from when you change your username and post on the Brexit thread the match thread, etc...

I've no idea why my influence would stop you posting on other threads..a huge WTF..

You continue to flounce and softly return...

I must have 20/30 posts on the wrestling forum tops..

It was on topic and was a few little videos.. you prissy f***ing sap..

Old 03-04-2017, 08:36 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Apart from when you change your username and post on the Brexit thread the match thread, etc...

I've no idea why my influence would stop you posting on other threads..a huge WTF..

You continue to flounce and softly return...

I must have 20/30 posts on the wrestling forum tops..

It was on topic and was a few little videos.. you prissy f**king sap..
on ignore list. Sorry.

Old 03-04-2017, 08:38 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
on ignore list. Sorry.

Oh noe....what happen to you ?

Old 03-04-2017, 09:28 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
I know

I have no problem of course with people not liking wrestling - it's a free world and vive la difference - but I don't understand why people come on to a wrestling thread just to argue against it and not supplement it in any way.

Back on track, I find the business fascinating and Heyman and Lesnar are formidable at protecting their brand and they pretty much won at WM31. The point Bunks missed is that it has nothing to do with the viewers - the real battles are who looks best in the journey and thus makes more money. Lesnar is a smart cookie. He pushed for the Goldberg matches and damn, it paid off. He got paid that much money for about 13 minutes PPV wrestling since Summerslam

As for the women's move, I wonder what the implications are for Ambrose/Corbin? I think it's right that the women got a spot and I thought they did well, botches aside.

Can't wait to see where they go tonight. Balor returning? Who will challenge Lesnar or will he just stay off the roster until Summerslam. I said earlier but nobody does a big match feel like Lesnar and I loved that Goldberg match.

I just pray we get Broken Matt tonight too....
I'd put money on Corbin winning that IC title on tuesday. Ambrose can't elevate a belt, never defends them for some reason and doesn't need it to be relevant anyway. Can't stand the twat personally.

Balor returning tonight for sure, he's been on the house shows for a couple of weeks now.

Lesnars reported to be on the next PPV, Rollins and/or Balor make the most sense to me for his next opponent, Strowman is apparently in the mix too.

Matt Hardy will be neuteured beyond recognition.

Nakamura is being called up, not sure which show. When they f**k him up, that's when I get off the bus. Hopefully he'll be put in a program with Styles before that happens. Check out Wrestle Kingdom 9 main event if you haven't seen it already, brutal stuff.

Old 03-04-2017, 09:41 PM
TheFatGoth

Lads, I'm not seeing much appreciation for the dead man

Fave matches?

V Mankind - Buried Alive 96
V Bret Hart - Summerslam 97
V HBK - Badd Blood
V Kane - WM14
V Mankind - King of the Ring 98
V Kane - Unforgiven 98
V HHH - WM 17
V Austin - Summerslan 98