United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Old 05-03-2017, 04:55 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
Know/known a few lads who proudly attended antifa rallies. Some of the punk/hardcore shows I used to go to were rife with them. Genuinely nice chaps outside of politics, but this new breed are absolute c***s to a man.
They're probably nice guys cos they're antifa.

f*** free speech btw, fake concept that many dont seem to get. A nazi prick who compares skull sizes being barred from speaking at a university has f*** all to do with free speech.

Old 05-03-2017, 05:13 PM
red in cumbria

Correct, FACT is that Charles Murray is the c*** of c*** of c***s.

Old 05-03-2017, 05:39 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk View Post
They want to make it mandatory to pronounce it their way e.g. 'scones' not 'scones'. Bloody pc brigade.
Quite right imo. Top reds know it's 'scones', but these 'scones' pricks won't listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl View Post
At least they have an opinion on currant issues.
Devon-itely

Old 05-03-2017, 05:52 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain View Post
Whys that then?
Where to start? Zero self awareness and zero rationale are the first two things that spring to mind. I had a dealer for ten years or so and someone I used to refer to as a friend. In that time I went to one party him and saw a pretty dark sid once the drugs kicked in. This was purely down to the fact I'd stopped being vegan ffs. Dread to think what a political chat with him would have been like.

At shows it was almost as if they'd make a point of ruining people's nights if they didn't fall in line with their world view. A few Black Metal shows in America have been pulled recently as they've threatened the venue with violence without really standing back and taking a look at what they're actually protesting against.

Old 05-03-2017, 05:54 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
Where to start? Zero self awareness and zero rationale are the first two things that spring to mind. I had a dealer for ten years or so and someone I used to refer to as a friend. In that time I went to one party him and saw a pretty dark sid once the drugs kicked in. This was purely down to the fact I'd stopped being vegan ffs. Dread to think what a political chat with him would have been like.

At shows it was almost as if they'd make a point of ruining people's nights if they didn't fall in line with their world view. A few Black Metal shows in America have been pulled recently as they've threatened the venue with violence without really standing back and taking a look at what they're actually protesting against.

so you once knew a guy who was a dickhead once and that has allowed you to judge all antifa?
right

Old 05-03-2017, 06:02 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain View Post
so you once knew a guy who was a dickhead once and that has allowed you to judge all antifa?
right
It's almost as if you didn't read the second paragraph

Old 05-03-2017, 06:08 PM
Ethers

Absolutely staggered to find out that a dealer turned out to have a dark side to him tbf.

That, andvsome goths getting their gig ruined, is a pretty damning indictment of anti fascists the world over, im sure we can agree

Old 05-03-2017, 06:22 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers View Post
Absolutely staggered to find out that a dealer turned out to have a dark side to him tbf.
Genuinely LOLed at that

Old 05-03-2017, 09:48 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk View Post
They want to make it mandatory to pronounce it their way e.g. 'scones' not 'scones'. Bloody pc brigade.
can't comment until I see what clot 'ed cream has to say.

Old 05-03-2017, 10:21 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers View Post
They're probably nice guys cos they're antifa.

f*** free speech btw, fake concept that many dont seem to get. A nazi prick who compares skull sizes being barred from speaking at a university has f*** all to do with free speech.