United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-03-2017, 07:30 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Mad how the commentators have barely acknowledged the offside Liverpool goal
They're the national sacred cow, of course they're not going to highlight it.

Unread 04-03-2017, 07:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
They're twenty years into their journey. We're less than a year into ours.
I'm just talking right now, this season. There's no way United should be performing as they are. To say a side ahead of us, who has scored more than us are greater frauds? Well..

In general, I can see the point. Do they want to challlenge for honours and improve or just maintain turnover by making CL.. I do sympathise to a certain degree in that the 2 financially doped clubs have killed their dreams of sitting at the top table to a large extent.

Unread 04-03-2017, 07:32 PM
andyroo

Quote:
There'd be nothing we could do about that. We'd also be fifth and would have moved a place for the first time in months. I'd have been happy with us winning and any result at Anfield.
I'd just have been happy with a win. Whatever happened here, I'd barely have given a shite tbh.

Whereas now everything just piles on the irritation. Probably would've seen it as a £#%&!ing disaster if Arse won too.

Unread 04-03-2017, 07:32 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy redface
they're twenty years into their journey. We're less than a year into ours.
wtf

Unread 04-03-2017, 09:28 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I'm just talking right now, this season. There's no way United should be performing as they are. To say a side ahead of us, who has scored more than us are greater frauds? Well..

In general, I can see the point. Do they want to challlenge for honours and improve or just maintain turnover by making CL.. I do sympathise to a certain degree in that the 2 financially doped clubs have killed their dreams of sitting at the top table to a large extent.
I read the initial 'fraud' comment as them being frauds for being typically Arsenal. As in, same every year.

As for this seaosn......yes..hard to mock teams who are in disastrous form, but still above us.

Mou hinting today that we may start prioritising the Europa. Any more performances like today and it'll be our best chance nqat..

Unread 04-03-2017, 09:32 PM
woody78

Quote:
I read the initial 'fraud' comment as them being frauds for being typically Arsenal. As in, same every year.

As for this seaosn......yes..hard to mock teams who are in disastrous form, but still above us.

Mou hinting today that we may start prioritising the Europa. Any more performances like today and it'll be our best chance nqat..
What's he said?

Unread 04-03-2017, 09:39 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
What's he said?
It was on Sky Sports before the game. I can't find it now. He was talking about the fixture pile up. Something along the lines of 'seeing how the games develop in the league before deciding who to pick for Europa games'

Unread 04-03-2017, 09:49 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
What's he said?
you have to watch sky sports, where else do you get your opinions from?

Unread 04-03-2017, 09:51 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Mostly on here tbh

Unread 04-03-2017, 09:51 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane

Unread 04-03-2017, 09:54 PM
dunk

Quote:
It was on Sky Sports before the game. I can't find it now. He was talking about the fixture pile up. Something along the lines of 'seeing how the games develop in the league before deciding who to pick for Europa games'
Could be taken either way that tbf.

Unread 04-03-2017, 09:57 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Could be taken either way that tbf.
I saw it as a suggestion that our league fate will determine our priorities. Only a hint, mind.

He's a pragmatist too though. I can see us sending a few fringe players out against Chelsea. It'd be a show of faith in them from his perspective.

Unread 04-03-2017, 09:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
I saw it as a suggestion that our league fate will determine our priorities. Only a hint, mind.

He's a pragmatist too though. I can see us sending a few fringe players out against Chelsea. It'd be a show of faith in them from his perspective.
Don't think we have much choice in that. Sadly, the FA Cup is a distant 3rd priority at this point.

Unread 04-03-2017, 10:04 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Don't think we have much choice in that. Sadly, the FA Cup is a distant 3rd priority at this point.
I think the difficulty of the fixture might make his mind up: stick a few fringe players out and hope for the best. Zlatan being banned for that one might be a blessing.
Closed Thread