United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread

Old 27-02-2017, 11:22 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Then one client who I had done loads of work for tells me she had sold this kitchen island thing and would I dismantle it and reassemble it at the house she'd sold it too. Took a look and though no problem, cut a story that's already too longer a bit shorter. c***ing thing took me three days to reassemble because it would never realign and the client was never happy how it looked. The design was so f***ing stupid it still annoys me to think about it.
did she pay you?

Old 27-02-2017, 11:23 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
did she pay you?
Yes 300 dhs for approx 60 man hours, basically a pound an hour.

Old 27-02-2017, 11:27 AM
Poop

Flat packed coffee table with one of those tops that lifts up to reveal a hidden storage compartment.

Assembled the body of the table no problem and then came the hinges, springs, runners and all that shite that I had to fit inside the compartment so the top could be attached. Took me ages to do and boiled my piss good and proper but got there eventually only to find the top lifted up and towards me rather than up and away from me as it should because I placed it in front of the sofa, so I had to disassemble it and redo the whole lot again.

Didn't occur to me until after I finished it a second time and was sat down admiring my handy work that I could have just turned the f***ing table round after the first assembly

Last edited by Poop; 27-02-2017 at 11:32 AM.

Old 27-02-2017, 11:32 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop
Flat packed coffee table with one of those tops that lifts up to reveal a hidden storage compartment.

Assembled the body of the table no problem and then came the hinges, springs, runners and all that shite that I had to fit inside the compartment so the top could be attached. Took me ages to do and boiled my piss good but got there eventually only to find the top lifted up and towards me rather than up and away from me as it should because it placed it in front of the sofa, so I had to disassemble it and redo the whole lot again.

Didn't occur to me until after I finished it a second time and was sat down admiring my handy work that I could have just turned the f***ing table round after the first assembly
Seriously?

Old 27-02-2017, 11:33 AM
Poop

Yes, very seriously

Old 27-02-2017, 11:35 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:

Assembled the body of the table no problem and then came the hinges, springs, runners and all that shite that I had to fit inside the compartment so the top could be attached. Took me ages to do and boiled my piss good and proper but got there eventually only to find the top lifted up and towards me rather than up and away from me as it should because I placed it in front of the sofa, so I had to disassemble it and redo the whole lot again.

Didn't occur to me until after I finished it a second time and was sat down admiring my handy work that I could have just turned the f**king table round after the first assembly

Old 27-02-2017, 11:40 AM
Switching Off

This. 5 long f***ing days.

Old 27-02-2017, 11:41 AM
AK14

The strength to open this thread.

Old 27-02-2017, 11:46 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
The strength to open this thread.
But you did it

Old 27-02-2017, 11:50 AM
Sizlack

Quote:

Closed Thread