United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread

Old 27-02-2017, 10:08 AM
TheFatGoth

Question What's the worst/hardest thing you've ever had to assemble?

Kids trampoline for me

Turned up at my now ex's one saturday lunchtime after a night on the piss, and I'm not sure if this was some sort of punishment, but within 30 minutes she'd volunteered me to put together a kids trampoline her neighbour had just bought for her grandsons' Birthday.

She lived in row of terraced houses adjacent to the main street, so when I Went outside all the parts were strewn out across the path in front of the houses, and as it was a hot summers day there were dozens of kids swarming about and all the neighbours were in their front gardens drinking #cans and having BBQs. Instructions consisted of a piece of paper with about four diagrams on it.

Assembling the frame was relatively straightforward, but when it came to attaching the mat, padding and nets it became a bit more complex. You had to obviously stretch the mat across the frame and then secure it using this plastic contraption which initially made absolutely no sense. Everything had to be done in a certain order as well, so any f*** ups meant you had to pretty start again.

The sweat was dripping off me, knees wreked from the tarmac path, tired, hungover, kids asking when it would be finished, neighbours pointing and offering advice. I was trying to put on a smile but inside I was literally shaking with rage.

Instructions stated 40 minutes. Think it took me about 2.5 hours in total.

Thanks for reading etc.

Old 27-02-2017, 10:09 AM
no fun

Oh f*** off

Old 27-02-2017, 10:09 AM
Billy Redface

Everything

I hate it. I just don't have the patience for it.

That and ironing kills me

Old 27-02-2017, 10:10 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
That and ironing kills me
Iron your shirts straight out of the washing machine when they're still wet. It's miles easier.

Old 27-02-2017, 10:19 AM
guerreiro

Love assembling stuff, pretty f***ing good at it as well, though I too did struggle with a trampoline. Same story more or less. Missed the order it was supposed to go in, so nearly had a hernia stretching the thing to clip on all sides. Really should have given up but manly pride drove me on.

Mate has a job assembling ikea furniture; what a life...

Old 27-02-2017, 10:30 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
Iron your shirts straight out of the washing machine when they're still wet. It's miles easier.
Thankfully, I rarely have to wear shirts.

I hate anything that boring and also a bit tricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Love assembling stuff, pretty f**king good at it as well, though I too did struggle with a trampoline. Same story more or less. Missed the order it was supposed to go in, so nearly had a hernia stretching the thing to clip on all sides. Really should have given up but manly pride drove me on.

Mate has a job assembling ikea furniture; what a life...
You're the exact opposite of me.

Old 27-02-2017, 10:53 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Ikea 3 door wardrobe, took me hours to do and once complete I'd realised the doors were upside down and had screw holes in the wrong place. Started again only for it to collapse on me right near the end.
Rang Ikea and said it was faulty and got sent a new one, paid my uncle to put it up

Old 27-02-2017, 10:58 AM
believe

I'm pretty handy so when I started this business I would offer my services to put up pictures/Shelves/curtains etc and this led people to asking me to assemble IKEA furniture. Easy enough apart from the weirdiest thing IKEA do is design literally every piece differently with different fixings.

Then one client who I had done loads of work for tells me she had sold this kitchen island thing and would I dismantle it and reassemble it at the house she'd sold it too. Took a look and though no problem, cut a story that's already too longer a bit shorter. c***ing thing took me three days to reassemble because it would never realign and the client was never happy how it looked. The design was so f***ing stupid it still annoys me to think about it.

Old 27-02-2017, 10:58 AM
My Name is Heath

The Avengers.

Yours sincerely,

Nick Fury.

Old 27-02-2017, 11:03 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
The Avengers.

Yours sincerely,

Nick Fury.
Hulk aside, that was piss easy

Elliott Ness had it far harder with the untouchables.
Closed Thread