United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Old 27-02-2017, 11:03 AM
atticusgrinch

Default What Jose needs to do to win the league/CL

Left back, centre back, midfielder, attacker for me.

He'll sell Basti , Rooney, Shaw, one of Jones/Smalling, hopefully Fellaini, Darmian. That'd bring in a fair bit of cash and a fair bit of leeway re wages.

Greizmann looks pretty much done. Hearing he likes Kroos. I'd take Manolas. Left back?

Jose.

Old 27-02-2017, 11:05 AM
Billy Redface

The longer the season goes, it's becoming clearer who has a future, what that future is and who will be gone.

3 or a quality signings, an ever-improving resilience and CL football and we'll be laughing.

Old 27-02-2017, 11:07 AM
no fun

Old 27-02-2017, 11:11 AM
believe

Not a great deal to be fair. The mentality of the squad was the biggest issue and he's already on a fast track to changing that. Add a World Class striker, possibly a left back or defensive cover and he'll win the league comfortably next season.

Old 27-02-2017, 11:13 AM
TheFatGoth

PL - get more points than any other team.

CL - Qualify. Get to the final. Win it.

hth

Old 27-02-2017, 11:15 AM
Buck

Sell Shaw

Old 27-02-2017, 11:17 AM
atticusgrinch

It's a shame about Shaw but if you guy's a ***** what can you do?

Old 27-02-2017, 11:33 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Not a great deal to be fair. The mentality of the squad was the biggest issue and he's already on a fast track to changing that. Add a World Class striker, possibly a left back or defensive cover and he'll win the league comfortably next season.
Yep. I think the margins are smaller than people think when it comes to taking a 'nearly' team to the top.

Look at Chelsea. 1st....10th....1st. More or less the same group of players.

Leicester....us in 06/07.

Confidence, momentum, a couple of signings and 'penny drop' moments for the likes of Luke Shaw and we'll be right up there next year

Old 27-02-2017, 11:39 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Centre back to play with Bailly - Varane for me
Veratti for Carrick
Greizzman for Rooney
Mbappe to bed in for a season with Zlatan and replace him when he goes next summer

Old 27-02-2017, 11:41 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Yep. I think the margins are smaller than people think when it comes to taking a 'nearly' team to the top.

Look at Chelsea. 1st....10th....1st. More or less the same group of players.

Leicester....us in 06/07.

Confidence, momentum, a couple of signings and 'penny drop' moments for the likes of Luke Shaw and we'll be right up there next year
Yes, the standard of the PL is still not close to what it was 5 or 6 years ago. Chelsea are walking away with it this year but no European football surely is playing a major part in that, freshness and preparation time.

Utd, City and Chelsea will all spend big money again in the summer. The key targets for Utd are surely going to be a Carrick replacement, perhaps another box to box midfielder, a striker given Rooney is likely to move on and Zlatan being the age he is.

At CB I think Bailly is the only one I would be certain will be here to start next season, all the rest are at risk, Jones if he could stay fit might join him but..
Closed Thread