Chess is brilliant

Was that RIC bait ?
Of course it was

Old 09-02-2017, 08:22 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex

you're entitled to your opinion pal.
Oh, I know and my opinion is sound. I was taking back the assertion of a "mild rebuff', when in fact it was a underhand cowardly snide assault.

The type only a cellar dwelling nerd could deliver (not giving any names away, I'm above that).

Old 09-02-2017, 08:32 PM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Oh, I know and my opinion is sound. I was taking back the assertion of a "mild rebuff', when in fact it was a underhand cowardly snide assault.

The type only a cellar dwelling nerd could deliver (not giving any names away, I'm above that).
Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to guerreiro again.
Great post though.

Old 09-02-2017, 08:40 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
Great post though.
yeah if you bully enough people you'll eventually be right about fallout4 being a great game.

bad repping people in 2017

anyone i bad repped recently don't reply or i'll bad rep you again.

Old 23-02-2017, 02:25 PM
BlindDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by prunier
I remember this. Had it for the Spectrum 128k. No idea. I was about 8 though...I do remember hearing it was the best game of all time and just being totally perplexed.

For me, it's "The Last of Us" which is inexplicably hailed as a masterpiece. For me a video game is a twitchy, simple test of skill. Like Outrun, or Crazy Taxi, or Street Fighter 2. The Last of Us is a (very slightly) interactive movie where you push the stick every now and again then press x a bit. No ta.
I think it depends on what you want a game to be. If they're to be arcade-based experiences, that's great, but other games try to push the boundaries and those efforts should be respected too. What I think TLOU gets so right is the way it combines its story and gameplay, especially on the higher difficulties where you have fewer supplies, which adds to the post-apocalyptic feel. Although there's a focus on characterisation and character relationships, its far less of an 'interactive movie' than something like Heavy Rain.

Old 24-04-2017, 11:11 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

I'd go along with GTA 4, the only one I've never finished, the previous ones had humour and a decent story.

I never found the Last of Us as good as it was reviewed, very good and I can appreciate the narrative, but nowhere near the best I've ever played.

I f***ing hated Bloodborne, tried and tried with it and just couldn't get on with it, a game shouldn't feel like such a f***ing chore.