United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Gaming

Old 08-02-2017, 08:00 PM
TheFatGoth

Question What's the worst/most disappointing game you've ever played?

Relative to the time you played it obviously.

I've played some right stinkers over the years tbf.

Growing up, we had a family PC rather than a console and we'd get a load of these DOS games. Some were decent, most were bad and a load just didn't work.

The absolute worst I remember was called HUGO III - JUNGLE OF DOOM. Other than player movement, the rest of the action was dictated by typing phrases like "SWING ACROSS THE RIVER USING THE VINES" - this just seemed really boring at the time, it probably wouldn't have been as bad if it had decent graphics, but look at the f**king state of it...

Moving into the console era I developed a bit of a fetish for wrestling games (Revenge/WM2000/No Mercy still the best) and would purchase pretty much any that hit the shelves (back when there was a choice).

There were quite a few wretched ones, but the absolute worst would have to be WCW BACKSTAGE ASSAULT. This was a sequel to the quite promising WCW MAYHEM - yet they somehow managed to make the graphics and gameplay worse. It also completely omitted a wrestling ring/arena and featured very a limited moves that didn't invole a weapon - it was BACKSTAGE ASSAULT you see.

Finally, more recently, and this is more 'disappointing' than 'worst,' I'd have to say MGSV. The gameplay mechanics are incredible but the story, open world and lack of mission variety make it seem totally unfinished (it probably is). It completely lacks the feel of past MGS games too and the whole drop off/pick up/credits routine gets really old fast.

NRAT etc. Over to you

Old 08-02-2017, 08:03 PM
no fun

Rally vo

Old 08-02-2017, 08:04 PM
irk

Hide the sausage

Old 08-02-2017, 08:16 PM
guerreiro

Fallout 4

Old 08-02-2017, 08:20 PM
dunk

No Man's Sky

Old 08-02-2017, 08:21 PM
Ethers

Golf.

Old 08-02-2017, 08:22 PM
beersexchipsgravy

The biscuit game.

Old 08-02-2017, 08:23 PM
Poop

Half Life 1. Played it years after its release so it was always going to be a bit shit compared to modern stuff. Which it is.

Goldeneye. Shooters on a console

Gran Turismo. f*** off. As tempting as tinkering with the height of a spoiler is before a race, give me 250mph dashes up a vertical road in a dinosaur infested childrens playroom in bright happy Sega Land instead.

Mario64. That f***ing controller ruined every moment of the game for me. Every moment.

Metal Gear Solid 2. Raiden

Old 08-02-2017, 08:24 PM
Switching Off

Can't remember what it was called but it was a tape on the Spectrum. It had a car on the case that appeared to be flying through space. After waiting AGES for it to load, I remember the car just went round in a circle, supposedly in space, and did f*** all else.

Truly a golden age for games.

Old 08-02-2017, 08:26 PM
sa7

GTA 4.

Felt like it didn't have the soul of the rest of the series. Not a world in which I could lose myself.

Technically speaking, it's a great game. But it just fell down on the intangibles.