United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Science & Technology

Old 07-02-2017, 12:28 PM
Sparky***

They're f***ing con artists, i had them for a couple of years and f***ed them off.

Far better going with any number of providers that use the OpenReach infrastructure (sky, BT etc etc) as it's far bigger and they're upgrading exchanges and street cabinets regularly. All with government money as well so there's usually no problem with expanding the network.

With Virgin it's all underground cables that they have to put in themselves so it costs them a fortune laying fibre cables from their own street cabinets. Hence why their rollout is so bad.

Old 07-02-2017, 01:42 PM
Poop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
My favourite reply on the forums is 'have you tested ethernet or wireless?'

I got a warning for railing on someone on there. Some posters are thick nqat, but the way the mods treat you boils my piss.
Nah, the best excuse is the ever reliable "can you turn the router off for twenty seconds and then switch it back on"

Makes me f***ing laugh, all this talk of 4k streaming and what you have. Only in the last year or so has 1080p streaming (and heavily compressed 1080p at that) become a bit more manageable.

Most pathetic case I've ever experienced was a friend of a friend who needed to use my broadband to get in touch with his people back home. He couldn't get his head round how poor the internet was in this part of the world.

He was from Romania and he lived in a f***ing forest

Old 07-02-2017, 01:50 PM
Stakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
I have VM and live in a reasonably densely populated area. My broadband speeds are great, tbh.
Me too.

Old 07-02-2017, 01:55 PM
woody78

My Internet is decent tbf.

The tivo box is horrendous. Freezes more than my android box

Old 07-02-2017, 02:08 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
I have VM and live in a reasonably densely populated area. My broadband speeds are great, tbh.
Yeah mine used to be too. What happens is they oversubscribe, so eventually your area will become a dog's dinner. Matter of time.

Old 07-02-2017, 02:20 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
They're f**king con artists, i had them for a couple of years and f**ked them off.

Far better going with any number of providers that use the OpenReach infrastructure (sky, BT etc etc) as it's far bigger and they're upgrading exchanges and street cabinets regularly. All with government money as well so there's usually no problem with expanding the network.

With Virgin it's all underground cables that they have to put in themselves so it costs them a fortune laying fibre cables from their own street cabinets. Hence why their rollout is so bad.
Recommending openreach? Seriously?

They're an absolute shower of jokers, dragging their feet as much as possible and leaving the UK in the dark ages of internet speed. Copper wires as part of 'superfast fibre'

Old 07-02-2017, 02:27 PM
Bunker Buster

Internet is constantly brilliant, the TiVo box is vile.

Old 07-02-2017, 02:30 PM
suffolkred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Internet is constantly brilliant, the TiVo box is vile.

In a nutshell.

Anti-Tivo Reds.

Old 07-02-2017, 05:08 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Recommending openreach? Seriously?

They're an absolute shower of jokers, dragging their feet as much as possible and leaving the UK in the dark ages of internet speed. Copper wires as part of 'superfast fibre'
That's true in some areas around here

Old 07-02-2017, 05:20 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
That's true in some areas around here
It's the case for most openreach customers AFAIK. Openreach do the bare minimum they can get away with. I'm getting 16mb on 'superfast fibre'