United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Science & Technology
Reply
 
Old 22-03-2017, 08:44 PM
Chorlton74
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
You need to have windows 7, 8 or 8.1 to upgrade to 10. They aren't giving away a full clean install, you have to pay for that.
says im running vista home premium. f*** knows how old that is!
 
Old 22-03-2017, 08:51 PM
Cream
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky View Post
win 10 is quite easy pal just run the bastard and let it go at it.
Today I took an ssd with 64 bit Win 10 installed (upgraded from 8.1), stuck it in another laptop which had a 32 bit Win 10 hard drive in, upgraded from Win 7. Different makes. No Sysprep or any of that shite.

Works a treat. OEM windows, not even asked me to activate.
 
Old 22-03-2017, 08:57 PM
Lok
 
Default

As has already been suggested, use the assisted technologies link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/acce...ndows10upgrade
 
Old 22-03-2017, 09:25 PM
Chorlton74
 
Default

all the links on the 7 upgrade advisor just take me straight to w10.

any 7 or 8's available on a freemans?
 
Old 22-03-2017, 10:16 PM
Alan
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok View Post
As has already been suggested, use the assisted technologies link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/acce...ndows10upgrade
That's no good to Chorlton as he has vista.
 
Old 22-03-2017, 11:13 PM
goldfinger II
 
Default

I'd say if Chorlton's machine is still running Vista, it would probably run like a dog with Windows 10.
 
Old 23-03-2017, 09:08 AM
Chorlton74
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II View Post
I'd say if Chorlton's machine is still running Vista, it would probably run like a dog with Windows 10.
its says its compatible with windows 10. wether it would run okay is a different story. would there be any downloads for 7 or 8 in the usual places? my dvd drive is goosed so having a disc is not an option.

cheers to the 2 that pm'd me. appreciated.
 
Old 23-03-2017, 01:50 PM
goldfinger II
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74 View Post
its says its compatible with windows 10. wether it would run okay is a different story. would there be any downloads for 7 or 8 in the usual places? my dvd drive is goosed so having a disc is not an option.

cheers to the 2 that pm'd me. appreciated.
Dunno, man.
 
Old 02-08-2017, 12:54 AM
Poop
 
Default

There was a pretty substantial upgrade to Windows 10 this week.

Anyone know if the Windows.old folder left in the C drive afterwards is safe to delete? There's close to 20 gigs of shite in there.
 
Old 02-08-2017, 02:18 AM
ScarFace
 
Default

Sort by file size, see whats making it so big. If they're video/game files then you know its ok to delete.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Win 10 upgrade is still free
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Free Windows 10 upgrade Switching Off Science & Technology 151 14-08-2015 01:32 PM
Blackberry Upgrade HollowmanVIII Main Forum 24 05-11-2009 10:41 AM
He said you need to upgrade! Sparky*** Main Forum 3 26-06-2008 09:16 PM
Phone upgrade HollowmanVIII Main Forum 30 23-01-2008 08:02 AM
Mobile upgrade otbarney Science & Technology 3 27-08-2007 02:06 PM
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:03 AM.

Copyright 2006 - 2016 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.