United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Wrestling

Old 30-01-2017, 11:23 AM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
Glad I fell asleep during the Neville win. Sounds like the RR was an abortion. Cena v Styles stole show though apparently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Entrant 30 ruined the entire show, which had been really good up till that point.
I may be off-kilter here but I enjoyed it and Reigns got great heat when he came in.

Owens v Reigns was really good too - but Styles and Cena was an instant classic.

As for the Rumble - some great bits. Strowman was ace as was his elimination by Corbin. Lesnar was Lesnar and Ellsworth/Enzo provided some funny bits.

Best elimination was Kalisto - jesus

I will watch it again but I really enjoyed it - and I think it will blast the Wyatts to the top.

Also credit to the Miz - he seemed to take the key moves of so many people.

Oh - Lana looked incredible too.

Love the Road to Wrestlemania me.

Old 30-01-2017, 11:54 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
I may be off-kilter here but I enjoyed it and Reigns got great heat when he came in.

Owens v Reigns was really good too - but Styles and Cena was an instant classic.

As for the Rumble - some great bits. Strowman was ace as was his elimination by Corbin. Lesnar was Lesnar and Ellsworth/Enzo provided some funny bits.

Best elimination was Kalisto - jesus

I will watch it again but I really enjoyed it - and I think it will blast the Wyatts to the top.

Also credit to the Miz - he seemed to take the key moves of so many people.

Oh - Lana looked incredible too.

Love the Road to Wrestlemania me.
It's the fact he was used to get Orton over? Just odd booking. 8 surprise spots pretty much wasted. The groans when Enzo came out

Pretty sure Ellsworth is dead

Old 30-01-2017, 11:59 AM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
It's the fact he was used to get Orton over? Just odd booking. 8 surprise spots pretty much wasted. The groans when Enzo came out

Pretty sure Ellsworth is dead
Poor Enzo but I thought that spot was pretty decent.

A normal person would die if they went through what Ellsworth and Kalisto went through. I loved the Ambrose/Ellsworth interaction - and Ellsworth has had the most magical 6 months or whatever. He's been in the Rumble man - he's a made man :-)

Agreed it is odd booking - I have no idea what the master plan is and who is being set up for a big WM win. Orton doesn't need it so Wyatt? I'd have preferred them to push The Miz - he deserves it - or even Corbin. I'm becoming a big fan of his.

Old 30-01-2017, 12:04 PM
Switching Off

Would've been nice to see Joe, even if he doesn't win. He was there, unused both nights. Maybe a debut tonight?

The bookies slashed odds on Orton yesterday afternoon to 1/25, so I expected him to win. Was hoping for a swerve until we got to the final 4

Enjoyed it though. Flat ending but a good show and that's an impressive arena. The entrance was miles

Old 30-01-2017, 12:16 PM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up

Lana looking good.

Old 30-01-2017, 01:16 PM
Jethro

The big lads got a lift to the ring

I just feel the spots were utilised poorly, but that's just me.

Old 30-01-2017, 01:49 PM
King Schlong

Don't watch much of it anymore but always tune in to the rumble and I thought Lesnar was supposed to be some unstoppable beast these days? Goldberg squashed him in about 10 seconds.

Cena/Styles was quality. Was hoping to hear that glass shatter and for Austin to come down and stunner the shit out of everyone.

Old 30-01-2017, 05:39 PM
Cream

Harvey Price

Old 31-01-2017, 12:53 AM
24hr Leavesey

Just caught up. Bit of a let down, struggled to get through it...

It's been getting pelters online all day, but I do have a bit of sympathy with WWE tbh. Reigns coming out at 30 was down to creative booking themselves into a corner imo. Just a case of someone having to take the heat from Orton winning it which he would have definitely copped for otherwise.

Neville tho

Old 31-01-2017, 07:35 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Schlong
Don't watch much of it anymore but always tune in to the rumble and I thought Lesnar was supposed to be some unstoppable beast these days? Goldberg squashed him in about 10 seconds.

Cena/Styles was quality. Was hoping to hear that glass shatter and for Austin to come down and stunner the shit out of everyone.
Supposed to build Goldberg up. He destroyed Lesnar in a minute at Survivor Series too. He'll get the title off Owens then drop it at Mania to Brock