United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > TV / Film / Books / Arts

Old 02-01-2017, 09:36 AM
Jethro

The Poseidon Adventure - Prime Hackman time. The disaster film that started the trend and still the best.

The Fountain - One of the most heartbreaking and challenging sci-fi films of all time. The multiple plot lines across time still doesn't gell well at all, but the emotional aspect, the visuals and the incredible soundtrack more than make up for it.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:22 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
The Poseidon Adventure - Prime Hackman time. The disaster film that started the trend and still the best.

The Fountain - One of the most heartbreaking and challenging sci-fi films of all time. The multiple plot lines across time still doesn't gell well at all, but the emotional aspect, the visuals and the incredible soundtrack more than make up for it.
"visually stunning"

Old 02-01-2017, 10:38 AM
shenwen

Hell or High Water - very good. Better than I thought it would be. Nice laid back atmosphere. Satisfying ending.

Moonlight - looking forward to this but will need to wait because every version I tried to watch on Kodi ended up being a Minions film. Very odd.

Old 02-01-2017, 11:44 AM
MJ Ramone

Watched a few films this week cos I've had this f***ing cough/cold that's been going about.
Made my way through all the Star Wars prequels again. They're even worse than I remembered. Absolutely vile.
Casting disgraceful, Script laughable, storytelling boring, FX embarrassing.
Green screen hell.
I'd got it in my head that the Revenge of the Sith one wasn't too bad, but it's f***ing crap.

I also made it 25 minutes through Jurassic World & had to turn it off because it was just about the worst film I'd ever seen.

As an antidote to all that CGI garbage I delved into a few classic faves - Close Encounters, The Untouchables & The Apartment.
All magnificent of course.

..oh, & I watched a far-fetched but reasonably watchable horror film on Netflix about a deaf woman living in a remote house in the woods being tormented by a deranged killer.
Gory as f***... can't remember what it was called.

Old 02-01-2017, 12:08 PM
signed dc

Superman on ITV now, Brando, Hackman pretty good

Old 02-01-2017, 12:09 PM
dunk

Nerve - not bad tbf.

Old 02-01-2017, 12:14 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
Superman on ITV now, Brando, Hackman pretty good

brilliant film..& great soundtrack too.

Old 02-01-2017, 12:16 PM
Fat Al

Watching some stuff with my Dad

True Grit (the original).

I liked the remake but when the original was as perfect as this, why the hell did it need a remake. Not a John Wayne fan but in this he was superb. And a young, but still balding, Robert Duvall.

Old 02-01-2017, 01:18 PM
Chorlton74

An American Werewolf in London.

top film. The tits on the bird in the p***o theatre film. Lovely

the forest scenes and the nazi stormtroopers scared the shit out of me as a kid.

Apparently Shakespeare is French and Prince Charles is a muppet.

7 pieces of toast out of 10

Old 02-01-2017, 01:22 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Watched a few films this week cos I've had this f***ing cough/cold that's been going about.
Made my way through all the Star Wars prequels again. They're even worse than I remembered. Absolutely vile.
Casting disgraceful, Script laughable, storytelling boring, FX embarrassing.
Green screen hell.
I'd got it in my head that the Revenge of the Sith one wasn't too bad, but it's f***ing crap.

I also made it 25 minutes through Jurassic World & had to turn it off because it was just about the worst film I'd ever seen.

As an antidote to all that CGI garbage I delved into a few classic faves - Close Encounters, The Untouchables & The Apartment.
All magnificent of course.

..oh, & I watched a far-fetched but reasonably watchable horror film on Netflix about a deaf woman living in a remote house in the woods being tormented by a deranged killer.
Gory as f***... can't remember what it was called.
'Signs'?

'Hear no evil'?