United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Science & Technology

Old 06-12-2016, 09:45 AM
Rorschach

It's a very neat bit of minimalist tech design but ultimately redundant - everything it does can be done by something else and by you if you're not a complete f***ing pillock. (Oh f***, yeah, the dog's in the vets, completely slipped my mind.)

I found myself wanting one (despite the ad) but couldn't work out why? When I did a modicum of research, I quickly came to the opinion above.

On a related note, why is it that every bit of tech wants to be your personal f***ing organiser these days? I was completing a survey the other day and one question went something like "I could not live my life without my mobile device organising things for me" and I wondered why the f*** anyone would have allowed their situation to degrade to that point.

That said, siri will be my best mate when the alzheimers really kicks in, so swings and roundabouts.

Old 06-12-2016, 09:49 AM
suffolkred

Wait for Google Home to come to the UK.

Old 06-12-2016, 09:56 AM
Rorschach

On a related note, why is it that every bit of tech wants to be your personal f***ing organiser these days? I was completing a survey the other day and one question went something like "I could not live my life without my mobile device organising things for me" and I wondered why the f*** anyone would have allowed their situation to degrade to that point.

That said, siri will be my best mate when the alzheimers really kicks in, so swings and roundabouts.

Old 06-12-2016, 09:57 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach

Looks like you've already got it / need it

Old 06-12-2016, 10:05 AM
redhegemony

I have a paper diary albeit a nice one from Kikki.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:26 PM
atticusgrinch

"Siri what am I doing today?"

"Siri, what's my name again?"

"Siri, I done a poo"

Should be called srsly?

Old 06-12-2016, 01:40 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella

Normally I have Sky News channel on for constant "news on demand" or the radio for music in "real time"

Plays "news on Demand" like Sky 24 does
I don't have sky in my kitchen. Sky has adverts, long pieces on things I don't need to know about, headlines every half an hour or so.

You need two devices to play radio and 24hr news? How quaint...

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
I'd get one but the advert reminds me of chris martin and i want to kill chris martin with a blunt object.
How would you go about slaying James Blunt? Sharp, blunt, it's an ironic dreamland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
"Siri what am I doing today?"

"Siri, what's my name again?"

"Siri, I done a poo"

Should be called srsly?

Agree on the personal organiser thing. Fad, just like the filofax craze. By the time my schedule had been read out I'd forget it again.

Old 06-12-2016, 03:14 PM
plopborsky

its all about listening and learning about what you do and placing items and ads at times you think you need them.

"i just heard you say you ran out of toilet roll would you like me to order you some?"

amazon know they can have you buy it in bulk and have it shipped within 24 hours.

It will get worse with ad placements as it looks at your calendar and sees football practice on saturday so you see fold up chairs and shipments of gatorade for $20

Old 06-12-2016, 03:27 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
It will get worse with ad placements as it looks at your calendar and sees football practice on saturday so you see fold up chairs and shipments of gatorade for $20

Old 06-12-2016, 04:59 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
its all about listening and learning about what you do and placing items and ads at times you think you need them.

"i just heard you say you ran out of toilet roll would you like me to order you some?"

amazon know they can have you buy it in bulk and have it shipped within 24 hours.

When you've run out of toilet paper, 24 hours is an awful long time