United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Science & Technology

Old 07-11-2016, 10:27 AM
suffolkred

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins View Post
anyone got one of these, and what cool things you done with it?

thinking of picking one up to use as an arcade/console emulator but could also stick kodi on it, as i currently chromecast from the pc (kodi always seems too unreliable on the tablet/stick)

Got Kodi on two firesticks and never had a problem with reliability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2 View Post
Look into hyperspin for emulators, they basically have every console available. Can't do it on my macbook unfortunately but looks brilliant
Sportsmania on Kodi is a must as well, cancel all your sports if you haven't already

Purchased sportmania after reading about it on here. Phenomenal add on tbf. Where do they get their streams from? They're superb just can't see how they manage it.

Old 16-11-2016, 11:17 AM
hopkins

ooooooh yeah!

Old 16-11-2016, 12:47 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins View Post
ooooooh yeah!

It's bloody brilliant. They've made it so easy to set up now that a kid could probably do it.

Was all over desert strike last night

Get a couple of the Buffalo USB SNES pads. They're as good as the originals and great for all the old SNES/Megadrive games. I think the Japanese sellers sell them for around 7 each on Amazon market. Avoid the cheap 3 ones you see on ebay, they break after a couple of hours.

Last edited by Lok; 16-11-2016 at 12:49 PM.

Old 16-11-2016, 12:58 PM
Jack Duckworth

they're ace, aren't they?

the pi hut sent me an email this morning saying they have started to sell snes-style usb game pads for the pi for a fiver each. definitely worth getting.

Old 16-11-2016, 01:18 PM
hopkins

i was all over altered beast, final fight and golden axe
got a couple of them snes pads too

Old 16-11-2016, 03:23 PM
naes_sean

Going to get this for my 12 year old son for Christmas. He'll be all over this. Show him what real gaming is all about

Old 16-11-2016, 05:29 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth View Post
they're ace, aren't they?

the pi hut sent me an email this morning saying they have started to sell snes-style usb game pads for the pi for a fiver each. definitely worth getting.
The ones they sell are crap. They're the same ones you can get on ebay for a couple of pound.

The Buffalo ones are the ones you want.

Old 16-11-2016, 05:38 PM
Jack Duckworth

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok View Post
The ones they sell are crap. They're the same ones you can get on ebay for a couple of pound.

The Buffalo ones are the ones you want.
cheers pal

Old 22-12-2016, 08:43 PM
FraUtd

What's RetroPie like for Amiga emulation?

Used to mess around with WinUAE, which was great when it worked, but involved loads of pissing about with configs.
Don't suppose it's simpler on RetroPie, or still a ball ache?

Old 22-12-2016, 10:22 PM
hopkins

Fiddly, as you have to mount and load discs in the emulator. Not click and go like the console and arcade games