United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Old 17-10-2017, 05:52 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I was probably focusing on doing my tie up.
Had to let the valet go?

Old 17-10-2017, 07:22 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane View Post
If that is the case, they would seem to be following the tory negotiation strategy - They need/hope it to happen, so therefore it must. Hasn't worked out so far has it?

I said from the off that brexit would not happen because the tories simply do not have the political, constitutional and diplomatic wherewithal, or the trade and economic expertise, to see these negotiations and the required follow on trade negotiations, through to anything like a satisfactory conclusion.

What I have seen since makes me even more assured that this shit ain't happening.
I agree completely with every aspect of your analysis, except for the conclusion. I think exactly the opposite will happen. They will completely fail to negotiate a deal due to their childish attitude to the ECJ and paying money, blame it on the EU's intransigence and crash us out right into a world of shit.

Old 17-10-2017, 07:39 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo View Post
I agree completely with every aspect of your analysis, except for the conclusion. I think exactly the opposite will happen. They will completely fail to negotiate a deal due to their childish attitude to the ECJ and paying money, blame it on the EU's intransigence and crash us out right into a world of shit.
they won't get away with that without another GE, there will be tory rebels, and by that time the farce will be fully exposed. Labour will cancel article?, because they too will see the enormity of the undertaking and bale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
Inevitable resolution? Good Christ I suppose you think they could knock that together in an afternoon?

And what about the multitude of other agencies, bodies, rules and systems we’ll have to find alternatives to, very very very quickly, by people with no experience whatsoever of doing so, to avoid f***ing chaos?

I know people who actually know what they are talking about are unfashionable at the moment, but the Senior European Experts group has written papers on just how mind-bendingly complex this would be.

Long read but worth it to have some idea of what you’re talking about for a change.

http://senioreuropeanexperts.org/pap...tory-agencies/

http://senioreuropeanexperts.org/pap...-consequences/
It's a shame tory ministers won't read them

Old 17-10-2017, 08:51 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
Inevitable resolution? Good Christ I suppose you think they could knock that together in an afternoon?

And what about the multitude of other agencies, bodies, rules and systems we’ll have to find alternatives to, very very very quickly, by people with no experience whatsoever of doing so, to avoid f***ing chaos?

I know people who actually know what they are talking about are unfashionable at the moment, but the Senior European Experts group has written papers on just how mind-bendingly complex this would be.

Long read but worth it to have some idea of what you’re talking about for a change.

http://senioreuropeanexperts.org/pap...tory-agencies/

http://senioreuropeanexperts.org/pap...-consequences/
so, just to be clear... your first link says we do most of the work in aviation for the eu and the eu's rules are world rules anyway. and it offers two simple solutions. ok.

sure, there's work to be done, but the idea that planes will stop flying is fanciful nonsense.

as it goes, our f***ing world-leading experts probably could knock something together in an afternoon if they had to. but they won't have to. because not everyone involved is a contrary plank and all sides have a vested interest in making it work.

the sky is not falling on your head. sorry for having to point it out.

Old 17-10-2017, 09:28 PM
Harri Jaffa

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41655195

"Amber Rudd calls Brexit without a deal 'unthinkable'"

*types into tory translator*

"Cabinet are preparing for no deal brexit and blaming it on the eu"

Good this translator thing. "There isn't going to be an election" = "there is going to be an election". "We really like the NHS and going to invest in public services" = "we are going to employ someone that wrote a book on binning off the NHS to run the NHS and continue austerity while increasing national debt"

Old 17-10-2017, 09:36 PM
jem

has it got a fred mode. too?

Old 18-10-2017, 06:52 AM
rebelcountyred

Default But Boris says get on with it.

Hard to understand what UK wants from Brexit, says Leo Varadkar

PREVIOUS
17/10/2017 - 23:49:28Back to Brexit Ireland Home
European leaders are finding it hard to understand the UK's position on Brexit due to mixed messages from the country, the Taoiseach has said.
Leo Varadkar said the ambiguity meant the other 27 nations in the EU are struggling to grasp what the UK wants from negotiations.
"It's still not clear what the UK actually wants in terms of a new relationship, because on the one hand it seems that the UK wants to have a close trading relationship with Europe like it has now, but it also seems to want something different, and it is very hard for us as European prime ministers to understand exactly what the UK wants the new relationship to look like," he said.
In an interview with the BBC's Spotlight programme, he said: "It certainly can't be, and I think anyone will understand it can't be, having all the benefits of EU membership but none of the responsibilities and none of the costs. If you join a club, you obey the rules and you pay the membership fee."

Leo Varadkar meeting UK Prime Minster Theresa May at Downing Street last September
EU leaders are due to meet at a summit on Thursday and Friday, during which the UK's Brexit proposals will be discussed.
UK Prime Minister Theresa May is due to outline developments in her Brexit plans, and is expected to argue that sufficient progress has been made in talks for them to continue to the next stage.
After she leaves on Friday, the 27 leaders will then hold a separate meeting on the UK's withdrawal plans at which Ms May will not be present.
The UK has previously been criticised by EU leaders over claims that the country's Brexit plans lack sufficient depth or detail.
The UK Government has denied this, with Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson this week urging the EU to "get on" with talks to ensure timely progress is made.

Old 18-10-2017, 07:12 AM
20 times

Everything will be fine. Look at all the progress made in the last 15 months

BREXIT MEANS BREXIT

Blue passports

Old 18-10-2017, 07:53 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred View Post
Hard to understand what UK wants from Brexit, says Leo Varadkar

PREVIOUS
17/10/2017 - 23:49:28Back to Brexit Ireland Home
European leaders are finding it hard to understand the UK's position on Brexit due to mixed messages from the country, the Taoiseach has said.
Leo Varadkar said the ambiguity meant the other 27 nations in the EU are struggling to grasp what the UK wants from negotiations.
"It's still not clear what the UK actually wants in terms of a new relationship, because on the one hand it seems that the UK wants to have a close trading relationship with Europe like it has now, but it also seems to want something different, and it is very hard for us as European prime ministers to understand exactly what the UK wants the new relationship to look like," he said.
In an interview with the BBC's Spotlight programme, he said: "It certainly can't be, and I think anyone will understand it can't be, having all the benefits of EU membership but none of the responsibilities and none of the costs. If you join a club, you obey the rules and you pay the membership fee."

Leo Varadkar meeting UK Prime Minster Theresa May at Downing Street last September
EU leaders are due to meet at a summit on Thursday and Friday, during which the UK's Brexit proposals will be discussed.
UK Prime Minister Theresa May is due to outline developments in her Brexit plans, and is expected to argue that sufficient progress has been made in talks for them to continue to the next stage.
After she leaves on Friday, the 27 leaders will then hold a separate meeting on the UK's withdrawal plans at which Ms May will not be present.
The UK has previously been criticised by EU leaders over claims that the country's Brexit plans lack sufficient depth or detail.
The UK Government has denied this, with Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson this week urging the EU to "get on" with talks to ensure timely progress is made.
eu in deliberately being stupid shock. maybe stop listening to keir starmer, eh?

Old 18-10-2017, 08:33 AM
Harri Jaffa

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a8005196.html

“There's no way the government can negotiate a final deal in time with the EU when Cabinet ministers can’t even agree amongst themselves. David Davis is either sneakily pushing us towards a no-deal, or has no idea what he’s doing.”

Government getting called out on it now. The only plan is to pay no money, make no deal, deregulation ahoy and masses of cash for all their bezzie mates.

It's literally what tories do. Why would this be different...