United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > News, Current Affairs & Politics
Reply
 
Old 05-07-2017, 11:41 PM
jem
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
he is for privilege and therefore against equality.

He'll pretend he's not
so what you're essentially saying is that you can make up any shit you like, even it runs totally contrary to what I have actually written. it is a persistent theme of yours, but it's not really a very good argument, because it isn't based on fact, only your unfounded suspicions. your comments about what I think are utterly worthless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
If someone is so comfortable that whatever happens with government they know they will be fine, they are by the very fact that they have stated that thinking only of themselves
quite the opposite, I'm afraid. because I will be fine whoever wins, I have the luxury of being able to afford to vote for the party I think will be best for everyone. your point is illogical. as it happens, even if it mattered to me, I would still vote for what I thought was right in a broader sense than right for me. it's people who are hoping a labour government will steal all my money and give it them who are inclined to vote in their own self-interest.



incidentally, I also appear to understand den better than you do. perhaps it's because I can read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
1: He said he didn't vote because it wouldn't make any difference - It's on here
that's not quite what I said. I said it wouldn't make any difference. I did not say that was my rationale for not voting. as you correctly point out, it is on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
It's possible that what jem thinks is best for everyone, is that people like jem should be in charge of everything.
not people like me. me.
 
Old 06-07-2017, 04:36 AM
Jammy Dodger
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
conspiracy theorist > coincidence theorist
I don't think there's a conspiracy unless the main stream media or authorities say there is.

I do wonder when the last conspiracy actually was. Because as far as most people are concerned, they don't seem to exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
1: He said he didn't vote because it wouldn't make any difference - It's on here

2: I've only ever voted Green up until this election. If I was going to be honest about what was best for me personally I would probably be voting lib dem fwiw

Either way bunkers you are way off mark
That's the thing about our political system. Voting in self interest usually means voting for someone other than who you'd really like to vote for. When I lived in a marginal seat, I never voted for the party I wanted out of fear the party I least wanted would win.

It's a shit system for the people. Great system for the elite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
companies...individuals ....people who want to do business.

they are bound by the regulations in their own countries and if someone from abroad wants to do business with them, they would need to conform to the same rules and regs.



you mean, B or C ? ....they negotiate or expand .....its what businesses do all the time

politicians more often than not put up obstacles in the way of people doing business.....shit like tariffs
What's the objection to tariffs?

Last edited by Jammy Dodger; 06-07-2017 at 04:40 AM.
 
Old 06-07-2017, 06:51 AM
denis lawless
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
What's the objection to tariffs?
id say they were pretty obvious.....

its essentially a tax ...money syphoned off by the politicians, cost of which is ultimately passed onto the consumer...as always is the case.

the country affected by tariffs will undoubtedly retaliate therefore hurting your export industries ....less exported, less production, less jobs.

if it spirals out of control, it could lead to trade wars stifling trade even further.

good example of how its a cancerous concept is how it prolonged the great depression in the 30s when America tariffed the living daylights out of a quick recovery.

no good can come of it......if your own industries need protecting then maybe a small quota for a short period of time could be implemented but ultimately, trade should flow freely to promote growth.
 
Old 06-07-2017, 07:52 AM
red red robbo
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
companies...individuals ....people who want to do business.

they are bound by the regulations in their own countries and if someone from abroad wants to do business with them, they would need to conform to the same rules and regs.



you mean, B or C ? ....they negotiate or expand .....its what businesses do all the time

politicians more often than not put up obstacles in the way of people doing business.....shit like tariffs
So if left to the companies and individuals, these people will f*** over everybody else in order to make money. So you regulate them. The regulations are put in place by.....politicians.

If every country has its own politicians that make the regulations best suit their country then every country has different regulations. If you run a company that wants to sell something to 28 different countries you have to understand and comply with 28 different sets of regulations (this is really time consuming and expensive). So here's a good idea, why don't those countries all get together and thrash out a single set of regulations that apply in every country, that way you can make something that complies to the single set of regulations and sell it in 28 different countries. You just need a few more politicians whose job it is to look after setting these regulations, but that's OK because each of the 28 different countries can have a few less politicians, or their civil services lackies) because some of their work is being done by someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
id say they were pretty obvious.....

its essentially a tax ...money syphoned off by the politicians, cost of which is ultimately passed onto the consumer...as always is the case.

the country affected by tariffs will undoubtedly retaliate therefore hurting your export industries ....less exported, less production, less jobs.

if it spirals out of control, it could lead to trade wars stifling trade even further.

good example of how its a cancerous concept is how it prolonged the great depression in the 30s when America tariffed the living daylights out of a quick recovery.

no good can come of it......if your own industries need protecting then maybe a small quota for a short period of time could be implemented but ultimately, trade should flow freely to promote growth.
So you are saying that tariffs are BAD. Yet you want us to leave the EU and quite possibly end up in a situation where we are operating under WTO rules and therefore compelled to charge and pay tariffs.

You're thinking doesn't make sense
 
Old 06-07-2017, 08:10 AM
jem
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
So if left to the companies and individuals, these people will f*** over everybody else in order to make money. So you regulate them. The regulations are put in place by.....politicians.

If every country has its own politicians that make the regulations best suit their country then every country has different regulations. If you run a company that wants to sell something to 28 different countries you have to understand and comply with 28 different sets of regulations (this is really time consuming and expensive). So here's a good idea, why don't those countries all get together and thrash out a single set of regulations that apply in every country, that way you can make something that complies to the single set of regulations and sell it in 28 different countries. You just need a few more politicians whose job it is to look after setting these regulations, but that's OK because each of the 28 different countries can have a few less politicians, or their civil services lackies) because some of their work is being done by someone else.



So you are saying that tariffs are BAD. Yet you want us to leave the EU and quite possibly end up in a situation where we are operating under WTO rules and therefore compelled to charge and pay tariffs.

You're thinking doesn't make sense
the first bit of that sounds like some sort of common market, with international standards, rather than an opaque and undemocratic superstate with a single currency which makes paupers of half the regions in it. although it's still a bit protectionist from an external perspective.

the eu has low or zero tariff deals with plenty of countries which are not members of the single market (so don't accept freedom of movement, etc) and we start from having all of the same standards. why do you think we can't negotiate a deal like, say, canada? in time, obvs. the eu is an unwieldy slug. talk of high tariffs is nonsense.
 
Old 06-07-2017, 08:23 AM
Albert Tatlock
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
So if left to the companies and individuals, these people will f*** over everybody else in order to make money. So you regulate them. The regulations are put in place by.....politicians.

If every country has its own politicians that make the regulations best suit their country then every country has different regulations. If you run a company that wants to sell something to 28 different countries you have to understand and comply with 28 different sets of regulations (this is really time consuming and expensive). So here's a good idea, why don't those countries all get together and thrash out a single set of regulations that apply in every country, that way you can make something that complies to the single set of regulations and sell it in 28 different countries. You just need a few more politicians whose job it is to look after setting these regulations, but that's OK because each of the 28 different countries can have a few less politicians, or their civil services lackies) because some of their work is being done by someone else.



So you are saying that tariffs are BAD. Yet you want us to leave the EU and quite possibly end up in a situation where we are operating under WTO rules and therefore compelled to charge and pay tariffs.

You're thinking doesn't make sense
... this is exactly how it works. It's more efficient to pay for a few bods in Brussels than duplicate this effort 28 times (27 times from March 2019)... it's actually more cost effective as well for western European governments as the cost of a typical Brussels bureaucrat is less that their equivalent in France, UK, Germany, Denmark etc . Come on Den tell us we're all paid 20 times the prime minister or summat
 
Old 06-07-2017, 08:44 AM
red red robbo
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
the first bit of that sounds like some sort of common market, with international standards, rather than an opaque and undemocratic superstate with a single currency which makes paupers of half the regions in it. although it's still a bit protectionist from an external perspective.

the eu has low or zero tariff deals with plenty of countries which are not members of the single market (so don't accept freedom of movement, etc) and we start from having all of the same standards. why do you think we can't negotiate a deal like, say, canada? in time, obvs. the eu is an unwieldy slug. talk of high tariffs is nonsense.






Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
... this is exactly how it works. It's more efficient to pay for a few bods in Brussels than duplicate this effort 28 times (27 times from March 2019)... it's actually more cost effective as well for western European governments as the cost of a typical Brussels bureaucrat is less that their equivalent in France, UK, Germany, Denmark etc . Come on Den tell us we're all paid 20 times the prime minister or summat
Yeah, I knew that Albert
 
Old 06-07-2017, 08:48 AM
jem
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo




so you've chosen not to answer the question. ok. we can expect (and certainly hope for) a better deal than canada's. I picked something easy. you don't even think we can have a normal third party relationship with the eu? ok.
 
Old 06-07-2017, 08:54 AM
red red robbo
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
so you've chosen not to answer the question. ok. we can expect (and certainly hope for) a better deal than canada's. I picked something easy. you don't even think we can have a normal third party relationship with the eu? ok.
You asked me why I thought we couldn't negotiate the deal, my response, all be it in picture form, was because I don't think the people negotiating the deal have that as their priority. I don't think they want, or are indeed capable of negotiating, such a deal.
 
Old 06-07-2017, 09:03 AM
jem
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
You asked me why I thought we couldn't negotiate the deal, my response, all be it in picture form, was because I don't think the people negotiating the deal have that as their priority. I don't think they want, or are indeed capable of negotiating, such a deal.
oh. then, you mad.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Brexit etc
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UK Democracy - new PM, Brexit, Labour PLP Tumescent Throb News, Current Affairs & Politics 81 15-07-2016 03:02 PM
Gay marriage caused brexit forzagarza News, Current Affairs & Politics 5 28-06-2016 06:08 PM
EU referendum - brexit prexit poll est.1878 News, Current Affairs & Politics 5076 26-06-2016 10:30 AM
has anyone changed brexit voting intention as a result of the campaigns or informed debate on fred? jem News, Current Affairs & Politics 31 19-06-2016 04:11 PM
Brexit celtbion Football 7 18-05-2015 11:25 AM
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:49 AM.

Copyright 2006 - 2016 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.