United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Old 22-06-2017, 08:05 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Jem apparently wants Brexit on ideological grounds because the EU is a little bit shit and as a philanthropist he believes that everyone will be better off if we leave.

No... me neither..
anyone who wants to know* what I think can read what I wrote rather than your simplistic bastardisations and perversions.

you would have denigrated the abolition of slavery for not providing three meals a day.

Old 22-06-2017, 08:08 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
anyone who wants to know* what I think can read what I wrote rather than your simplistic bastardisations and perversions.

you would have denigrated the abolition of slavery for not providing three meals a day.
Rattled

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
If it looks like a racist and sounds like a racist I'm gonna call it a racist.

That Yes Minister episode, Better the devil you know, is absolutely outstanding. I've been posting links and quotes from it for over a year now.
The writers of that series were amazingly farsighted... or they had a time machine

Old 22-06-2017, 08:18 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
you really think this lot have the wherewithal to deliver an acceptable agreement that goes anywhere near justifying leaving on objective cost/benefit terms?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
yup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
anyone who wants to know what I think can read what I wrote
Ok then. What you actually said is that you think 'this lot [Davis et al] have the wherewithal to deliver an acceptable agreement that goes anywhere near justifying leaving on objective cost/benefit terms'.

I'll be bumping this a few times, believe me.

Old 22-06-2017, 08:20 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Ok then. What you actually said is that you think 'this lot [Davis et al] have the wherewithal to deliver an acceptable agreement that goes anywhere near justifying leaving on objective cost/benefit terms'.

Impossible to prove a counterfactual though, so...

Old 22-06-2017, 08:20 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:

Did jem really say that

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Davis et al have the wherewithal to deliver an acceptable agreement that justifies leaving on objective cost/benefit terms
I think he did

Old 22-06-2017, 08:52 AM
jem

Quote:

you can bump it as many times as you like. what I actually said was "yup". and you haven't even quoted the whole post to which I responded. quoting someone else's quote against my name is deliberately misleading.

however, the question of whether the current team can do a half-decent job is totally unrelated to albert's comment - to which I said read what I said - which was about my reasons for voting leave.

if you want to be silly, irrelevant, misleading and.... um.... basically lying.... knock yourself out.

Old 22-06-2017, 09:44 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
If it looks like a racist and sounds like a racist I'm gonna call it a racist.
See.....you failed to win the "simpleton" vote....you couldn't defend the corruption, waste of money and waste of time.....you should have just distracted them by offering "shiney free shit" ...not that you even needed to deliver it afterwards

That's why you failed.

Old 22-06-2017, 10:02 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
See.....you failed to win the "simpleton" vote....you couldn't defend the corruption, waste of money and waste of time.....you should have just distracted them by offering "shiney free shit" ...not that you even needed to deliver it afterwards

That's why you failed.
I wasn't aware there was a test.

Of course, your questions are based on a false premise, well two of them are.

Corruption is so widespread in politics you can hardly use it as a stick to beat just one organisation. As for the waste of time and waste of money, that is only your opinion so it is only you that has to address them. I don't consider the EU a waste of time or money so I have no need to defend something we don't do.

Not sure I offered anyone anything either You sure you responded to the right post

I guess it's true that I am not winning the "simpleton" vote though, I can't persuade you.

Old 22-06-2017, 10:17 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless

That's why you failed.
why would anybody deny that immigration was the single biggest issue in the referendum

Old 22-06-2017, 10:25 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
why would anybody deny that immigration was the single biggest issue in the referendum
Denis denies this iirc. But he also like Nigel farage and marine le pen. But doesn't like politicians. It's complicated.