United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > News, Current Affairs & Politics

Old 23-11-2016, 03:15 PM
Jez Quigley

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
isn't yours albert tatlock? I thought it was a bit of a coincidence.

what next? his name isn't really keith?
Am I the only one here with my real name??

Old 23-11-2016, 03:47 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Am I the only one here with my real name??
No..

... and in other news, Neither Hammond nor the treasury will give any details of the deal they made with Nissan...

Old 23-11-2016, 04:25 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
No..

... and in other news, Neither Hammond nor the treasury will give any details of the deal they made with Nissan...
That's what being in control is all about

Old 23-11-2016, 04:38 PM
jem

there is no deal.

Old 23-11-2016, 05:14 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
No..

he announced much of it today: large-scale financial commitment to R&D, and to massively subsidising the production and the infrastructure required for electric cars to be rolled out...

basically the bribe from these tories is please stay, we'll invest taxpayer's cash and you can have the profit (all we want in return are quangos and stocks)...

Old 23-11-2016, 05:37 PM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
This is the same Harris who has spent the past year bigging up the "Labour's core voters are all Brexit-voting racist oiks who the party must appease or face destruction" meme.

He can f**k off tbh.
Good journo in my opinion, gets out there, meets real people, tries to understand differing viewpoints. Wouldn't say he's been saying Labour must appease these 'oiks', more that they need convincing that veering to the right isn't going to help them, and that's something Labour have been unable to do in recent times.

I can't see a scenario where Labour don't get completely f***ed in the next general election. Despite the catastrophic mess the Tories are inflicting on the country, I can't see them making many gains on conservative held seats, and can see them losing a lot of votes in historically 'safe' seats to UKIP.

Old 23-11-2016, 05:44 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
he announced much of it today: large-scale financial commitment to R&D, and to massively subsidising the production and the infrastructure required for electric cars to be rolled out...

basically the bribe from these tories is please stay, we'll invest taxpayer's cash and you can have the profit (all we want in return are quangos and stocks)...
surely, this is good for the planet and should be applauded?

anyway, my understanding is that you've made the last bit up. I believe the only indication given to nissan was that the uk government will continue to lead the way on free trade.

Old 23-11-2016, 06:01 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
surely, this is good for the planet and should be applauded?

anyway, my understanding is that you've made the last bit up. I believe the only indication given to nissan was that the uk government will continue to lead the way on free trade.
no you don't.

hammond has announced today what nissan said he'd told them when the story broke about them admitting they were staying in sunderland

they will be benefitting from hmg using taxpayer's money to subsidise the car industry. the problem with that is that there are zero built-in guarantees that employees - employees - will be protected or will see a boost to their livelihoods. in other words the profits will go to the top and the slaves will take whatever terms they're given (and the system will enforce the latter).

Old 23-11-2016, 06:23 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
Good journo in my opinion, gets out there, meets real people, tries to understand differing viewpoints. Wouldn't say he's been saying Labour must appease these 'oiks', more that they need convincing that veering to the right isn't going to help them, and that's something Labour have been unable to do in recent times.

I can't see a scenario where Labour don't get completely f***ed in the next general election. Despite the catastrophic mess the Tories are inflicting on the country, I can't see them making many gains on conservative held seats, and can see them losing a lot of votes in historically 'safe' seats to UKIP.
UKIP are far more f***ed than Labour, and sooner or later the penny will drop regarding this.

Why else is The Nige talking about f***ing off to America/the Tories?

Old 23-11-2016, 06:26 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Here is the comment on the autumn statement sent out by Leave Means Leave, the successor to Leave.EU. It is from John Longworth, Leave Means Leave’s co-chair. We’re quoting it in full. It does not mention the OBR analysis of the impact of Brexit at all.
The chancellor has made a good start on the road to making the British economy the best in the world.
Investing in infrastructure and research and development, improving access to finance – particularly for tech companies which ensures they do not have to sell out to foreign competitors, and funding for the Oxford – Cambridge expressway are all very positive announcements.
This is a solid base on which to build and crystalise the huge benefits Brexit brings to our country.
Through signature ready trade deals, tariff reduction and removal, deregulation that will feel like a tax cut for UK businesses and real tax cuts - Brexit will enable the UK economy to thrive.
The fringe benefit of Brexit is that the chancellor will have to make the UK the best country in the world to do business.
His task now is to build confidence in the UK economy. He has a golden opportunity to improve further the strong economic forecasts and make Britain thrive, thanks to Brexit.

So, where are these signature ready trade deals ?

So, where are these tariff reductions ?

So, where is this deregulation ? Last I saw everything was going to be adopted lock stock and f***ing barrel into UK law.

If I were in charge, lying to the public whilst in public office would be a corporal offence of 20 lashes, first offence, 50 lashes second offence, hanging third offence...