United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Old 23-04-2007, 10:20 AM
Fountz

Default Indeed Wayne.. The Cathedral of Speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
fuck going to Milan if i ever fly into Bergamo again, Monza is on the way to milan from Bergamo

peaking hard!!!

.. get yourself over there in September, sort out a general admission ticket, and camp down on the banking with the tifosi at the end of the (shorter) straight prior to the Variante della Roggia curves, ( No 1 on the mapp below ), flashing past at over 200mph and then it's hard on the breaks for the curves..

Loads of speed and loads of incident..

Sort out a Trvelodge type accomodation, and I bet it's not that expensive..

Old 23-04-2007, 10:22 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz

to be honest if i went i'd go to lesmo 1, ascari and parabolica, and proceed to peak

Old 23-04-2007, 10:22 AM
neworder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
.. get yourself over there in September, sort out a general admission ticket, and camp down on the banking with the tifosi at the end of the (shorter) straight prior to the Variante della Roggia curves, ( No 1 on the mapp below ), flashing past at over 200mph and then it's hard on the breaks for the curves..

Loads of speed and loads of incident..

you fucking legend!!!

any reccomendations for Spa?

Old 23-04-2007, 10:24 AM
Stan_Tier2

Quote:
Originally Posted by neworderdude
you fucking legend!!!

the bacon fries (snidey frazzles) are pretty good

Old 23-04-2007, 10:25 AM
chorleyred

bergamo is ok, we got bus to right outside our hotel which took about half an hour, same going back.

bus was about 3-5 euros I think

Old 23-04-2007, 10:35 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
to be honest if i went i'd go to lesmo 1, ascari and parabolica, and proceed to peak
You could do all of them, ( bottom chunk of the map ) because that's where the general admission is, so you could just walk around.

I work on the basis that I want to get as close as possible to the cars going as fast as possible..

Unfortunately they're at their fastest at the end of the main straight just prior to the chicane and curve grande but I believe this is all stands with specifc seats now..

A guy I've known very well for many years was telling me he was driven round Monza by Martin Brundle in the Silk Cut Jaguar Le Mans car circa 89-90 when Brundle was racing for them..
..still counts it as one the most exhilerating experinces he's ever had, ( and he's had loads ) Brundle absolutely going for it, and heading towards that chicane at well over 200mph blasting past what you'd expect would be all reasonable breaking points, to suddenly wipe off at the last few seconds 140mph to take the chicane..

He went into quite a bit of details and I was gobsmacked..

Old 23-04-2007, 10:40 AM
waynes ear's

im going to fuck off there for the tests in september i think

big 3 day test

Old 23-04-2007, 10:45 AM
Fountz

Default PAGE & MOY do ( or did ) trips to all these races..

Quote:
you fucking legend!!!

coach trip there and back and general admission race ticket..

Eau Rouge has always been considered THE best place anywhere to watch formula 1, but I believe again, that it's now either very expensive specific seats or even hospitality.. I'd try the end of the straight ( general admission ) prior to Les Combs..

Good choices Boys.. the two best tracks bar none..

I'd go before they're dropped, seriously, there's rumblings that they're worried about the speed and safety side of things with Monza in particular, no bluff, there's no Imola this year hence there being a big gap until the next race

Old 23-04-2007, 10:47 AM
Stan_Tier2

Quote:
you fucking legend!!!

one on oxford road next to monsoons is pretty good when yer st0ned

Old 23-04-2007, 10:49 AM
waynes ear's

Blanchimont or Pouhon - 2 cracking corners ruined by asphalt run off areas, hardly a challenge any more
Closed Thread