United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Old 23-04-2007, 01:49 AM
Grimson

Season One was unrelentingly unfunny. I think it flourished then on the novelty, but it was basically Bart saying "Don't have a cow, man" and Homer going "Grrrr."

Old 23-04-2007, 01:51 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Season One was unrelentingly unfunny. I think it flourished then on the novelty, but it was basically Bart saying "Don't have a cow, man" and Homer going "Grrrr."
Absolutely. It was the worst season and I'll only buy it on DVD when I need it to complete the collection. However, it was a necessary starting point in a series which saw the characters, the town and the comedy evolve each season. It also needed to first test the water with what people would like and not be too daring and break from the "dysfunctional family" mould. Brings a tear to my eye just thinking about how far it came from that first terrible season!

Some of the funniest quotes I use are from the first season, simply laughing at how bad the comedy was. "Listen to me boy! Grrrr"

Old 23-04-2007, 01:55 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Absolutely. It was the worst season and I'll only buy it on DVD when I need it to complete the collection. However, it was a necessary starting point in a series which saw the characters, the town and the comedy evolve each season. It also needed to first test the water with what people would like and not be too daring and break from the "dysfunctional family" mould. Brings a tear to my eye just thinking about how far it came from that first terrible season!

Some of the funniest quotes I use are from the first season, simply laughing at how bad the comedy was. "Listen to me boy! Grrrr"
Remember that episode hosted by Troy McClure, for the 321st episode special or something like that? They showed a clip of the first episode, then cut back to Troy with a 'wtf' look on his face - and then he noticed the camera on him and pretended to laugh.

Old 23-04-2007, 01:57 AM
TreeFiddy

138th episode spectacular!

It wasn't actually footage from an early episode - it was a pisstake...I think.

Old 23-04-2007, 02:01 AM
DinGbAt

'Get out of my office!'

I love the concept art of Krusty the Clown.

Serenity Now

Quote:

I believe it was taken from the original Tracey Ullman shorts, no?

Grimson

Quote:

I think Serenity is right about the Tracey Ullman shorts.

Phil Hartman's death really hurt the show. No more Troy McClure or Lionel Hutz.

Old 23-04-2007, 02:06 AM
DinGbAt

Old 23-04-2007, 02:10 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
I believe it was taken from the original Tracey Ullman shorts, no?
Tracey Ullman shorts

Old 23-04-2007, 02:11 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Phil Hartman's death really hurt the show. No more Troy McClure or Lionel Hutz.
I still can't get over how fucked up that was. Couldn't believe it when I first heard it.
Closed Thread