United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > News, Current Affairs & Politics
Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 11:02 AM
Tumescent Throb

Default UK Democracy - new PM, Brexit, Labour PLP

solicitor's letter to the general secretary of the labour party, re keeping corbyn's name on the ballot paper despite his 59.5% mandate to lead the party:

https://www.scribd.com/document/3180...n& from_embed

this following the tories winning a majority based on a vague manifesto, Leave result taking us out of the EU based on a 52% (72% turnout), despite there being absolutely no actual Brexit plan, and May taking over unopposed from cameron, voted in as PM by 199 tory MP's.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:35 PM
red in cumbria

As the Specials once sang - "people getting angry". Just like then, we are in for some "interesting" times.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:53 PM
King Eric

I don't care who is running the country, the heartless Tories, the Feckless Labour Party, not to mention the, I will sell my soul for 30 pieces of silver Lying Lib Dems, who thankfully no longer really exist, serves the c***s right. I'm just relieved we are out of the basket case EU, which I predict to go from bad to worse in the future and after a slump, or not, the U.K. will grow independently away from the shackles of the bent EU.

Old 12-07-2016, 03:11 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Eric
I don't care who is running the country, the heartless Tories, the Feckless Labour Party, not to mention the, I will sell my soul for 30 pieces of silver Lying Lib Dems, who thankfully no longer really exist, serves the c***s right. I'm just relieved we are out of the basket case EU, which I predict to go from bad to worse in the future and after a slump, or not, the U.K. will grow independently away from the shackles of the bent EU.
f*** off and let the adults talk, there's a good lad.

Old 12-07-2016, 03:12 PM
no fun

Quote:
Eton run it

They always run it

Old 12-07-2016, 03:12 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Thank you Nigel... but I thought you quit ?

Old 12-07-2016, 03:20 PM
MonkeyOnMyBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
solicitor's letter to the general secretary of the labour party, re keeping corbyn's name on the ballot paper despite his 59.5% mandate to lead the party:

https://www.scribd.com/document/3180...n& from_embed

this following the tories winning a majority based on a vague manifesto, Leave result taking us out of the EU based on a 52% (72% turnout), despite there being absolutely no actual Brexit plan, and May taking over unopposed from cameron, voted in as PM by 199 tory MP's.
Damn that's a well written letter.

Old 12-07-2016, 03:25 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyOnMyBack
Damn that's a well written letter.
covers all moves i thought

Old 12-07-2016, 03:31 PM
MonkeyOnMyBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
covers all moves i thought
Apparently not, it's going to a secret ballot... Fix is in?

Old 12-07-2016, 03:32 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyOnMyBack
Apparently not, it's going to a secret ballot... Fix is in?
covered in the letter i think - the court case will be fun
Closed Thread