United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Gaming

Old 20-06-2016, 04:20 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Nope, won't get involved...

Odd.
This. How would it even work with certain games?

And what's this about a new console(Better version of the PS4) coming out every year?

Old 20-06-2016, 07:36 AM
itisme_panaflex

Would love it. Strap me up, put me on a rotating treadmill and send me into fallout 4.

Old 20-06-2016, 07:50 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
I've never had the chance to play current gen VR but it looks the real deal
Will probably get PlayStation VR if it turns out to be good

It's definitely the future of gaming as the evolution of gaming has always been about making games more and more immersive and there can be nothing more immersive than VR done right

Don't see the issue with putting on the headgear as your going to be playing in the comfort of your own home
You live on your own don't you

The loner nerd PC gamers will love it because they already play games sat in the corner of their bedrooms on their own. The more sociable console gamers who have their PS4 connected to the TV in a shared, family space will be going nowhere near it.

Old 20-06-2016, 09:28 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
You live on your own don't you

The loner nerd PC gamers will love it because they already play games sat in the corner of their bedrooms on their own. The more sociable console gamers who have their PS4 connected to the TV in a shared, family space will be going nowhere near it.

Don't knock it til you've tried it, basically. I put up a thread about it, but basically I preordered a PSVR pretty soon after trying out VR. I am not a gamer at all tbh - we have a PS4 but it's mainly for my son - but VR was a completely different experience altogether.

Old 20-06-2016, 09:37 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Don't knock it til you've tried it, basically. I put up a thread about it, but basically I preordered a PSVR pretty soon after trying out VR. I am not a gamer at all tbh - we have a PS4 but it's mainly for my son - but VR was a completely different experience altogether.
It's probably come on a bit since then, but I first tried VR gaming in the late 80s when they had a setup in the Trocadero in London. It was very impressive (for the time) but I can't be doing with sticking a helmet on me head to play games.

Old 21-06-2016, 11:21 AM
TheFatGoth

Old 21-06-2016, 02:29 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

I think it might struggle to take off until it gets cheaper, Amazon are saying 350 for the PSVR and anywhere between 550 and 700 for the Oculus and HTC Vive, That's a f***load of money for something you'll only use every now and again.

Old 21-06-2016, 02:32 PM
Jethro

Exported a model for a VR walk around in work to wow the client. I managed 10 seconds before f***ing it off

I can't possibly imagine playing a game in this manner.

Old 21-06-2016, 02:35 PM
waynes ear's

Gran Turismo

Old 21-06-2016, 02:55 PM
MonkeyOnMyBack

Ive played a zombie game on HTC Vive and seen a few movie like horror clips on the cardboard samsung VR thang.

Both were incredibly immersive. It is the future and not just for games.