United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Other Sports & Fitness

Old 30-11-2016, 08:16 AM
hopkins

last commute of the year, as i'm not enjoying the return leg in the dark and too many close shaves

200 miles done this month though, and 1600 this year
#soproud

Old 30-11-2016, 09:27 AM
Switching Off

Hi lads

Decent GPS tracker for a mountain bike that doesn't break the bank? It's for my lad in case some scrote nicks his bike.

Old 30-11-2016, 12:46 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off View Post
Hi lads

Decent GPS tracker for a mountain bike that doesn't break the bank? It's for my lad in case some scrote nicks his bike.
Ring manchester cycle exchange

Old 07-12-2016, 10:35 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins View Post
last commute of the year, as i'm not enjoying the return leg in the dark and too many close shaves

200 miles done this month though, and 1600 this year
#soproud

Know what you mean with the close shaves, I'm pretty sure I could balance the sun on my f***ing bars and some drivers would say they hadn't seen me,

I'm sorry if any of you lot drive Audi's but all my nearest misses have been with c***s in Audi's, followed by Beemers and then 54 reg Astras, people who own 54 reg Astra's seem to believe their cars have the performance of a Pagani Zonda when they're racing to beat a red light.

Old 07-12-2016, 10:38 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen View Post
Know what you mean with the close shaves, I'm pretty sure I could balance the sun on my f***ing bars and some drivers would say they hadn't seen me,
you would definitely need oakleys.

Old 07-08-2017, 12:47 PM
hopkins

new whip. 40 is the right age to get my first bike with drop bars, right?

Old 07-08-2017, 01:28 PM
no fun

Been doing a lot of oddball bike rides recently....trans pennine trail, lanes around pickmere/tatton, and bridgewater canal into town

Do united have a place you can lock your bike up?

Sensible answers only please

Old 07-08-2017, 01:32 PM
Bunker Buster

Going to bike park Wales in a few weeks...

No uphills

Old 07-08-2017, 01:41 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun View Post
Been doing a lot of oddball bike rides recently....trans pennine trail, lanes around pickmere/tatton, and bridgewater canal into town

Do united have a place you can lock your bike up?

Sensible answers only please
Yes. There's a bike locking facility at the back of the car park behind North and West stand quadrant. not far from the ticket office. I've used it a few times

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins View Post
new whip. 40 is the right age to get my first bike with drop bars, right?

Nice

Got a hybrid Marin atm, which is more than doing the job. Might look for a proper road bike for the morning commute in the not too distant future though..

Old 07-08-2017, 01:42 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk View Post
Yes. There's a bike locking facility at the back of the car park behind North and West stand quadrant. not far from the ticket office. I've used it a few times

Nice

Got a hybrid Marin atm, which is more than doing the job. Might look for a proper road bike for the morning commute in the not too distant future though..
Cheers dunk