United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Old 22-05-2016, 10:03 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
By disgraced the shirt do you mean came third in the assists rankings for that season and was involved in more goals than the little brazilian kid at liverpool who was nominated for player of the season?

There's time for Memphis.

I'm telling you, Woodward is and has been the problem, that and is not being as rich as we claim..

Old 22-05-2016, 10:54 AM
Child of Darkness

he ruined Di maria tbf

he started out very well then he got given a stupid role that didnt suit him

Old 22-05-2016, 10:55 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
he ruined Di maria tbf

he started out very well then he got given a stupid role that didnt suit him
Footballer for Manchester United?

Old 22-05-2016, 11:29 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Footballer for Manchester United?
hes an attacking left sided player ideally suited to wide left in a 4231 formation

he had him playing deeper and centrally and on the right - all over the shop in fact and it clearly didnt suit him

it begs the question why pay all that money and play him in the wrong position

thats something LVG has done with virtually all his players . witness the anal prolapse coming on for rashers - plays him as a CF

mata - the clubs best number ten played out wide on the right

Old 22-05-2016, 11:30 AM
dunk

Di Maria had played in a midfield 3 for Madrid the season before.

He just didn't want to be here.

Mata can't play No.10, he's not good enough.

Old 22-05-2016, 11:34 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Di Maria had played in a midfield 3 for Madrid the season before.

He just didn't want to be here.

Mata can't play No.10, he's not good enough.
yeah wide on the left . he didnt get on with LVG that was plain

i agree on mata - hes too slow - i like him tho hes supremely talented

Old 22-05-2016, 11:38 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
yeah wide on the left . he didnt get on with LVG that was plain

i agree on mata - hes too slow - i like him tho hes supremely talented
But he played deeper is the point. Played from the left for United, then the middle, then the right, up top, wide left etc. Didn't matter, he didn't want to be here. His wastefulness was alright in a team full of Worldies having 75% possession scoring 3+ a game, for a slow, static United it was criminal. He's erratic, always has been, and didn't want to be here. Shit signing. Cheers Jorge. Only £25m more than we needed to spend on the cunt too

Old 22-05-2016, 02:03 PM
ZiggyStardust

I'm sorry but if you need 100 million pound superstar players to play some good attacking football then I'd question how good a coach you are

It's no excuse
He's had the money to bring in what he needed but he fucked it up
Tbh he shouldn't signing the players, a DoF should be doing that

Old 22-05-2016, 02:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
I'm sorry but if you need 100 million pound superstar players to play some good attacking football then I'd question how good a coach you are

It's no excuse
He's had the money to bring in what he needed but he fucked it up
Tbh he shouldn't signing the players, a DoF should be doing that
He clearly didn't. Neither will the next manager.

Old 22-05-2016, 02:16 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He clearly didn't. Neither will the next manager.
He didn't have the money to bring him what he wanted, but that's not the same as what he needs. He probably wanted neymar, messi and Ronaldo.

The bigger worry is that the money he did spend was largely wasted.

Memphis being the obvious one. He says he needs fast attacking players, signs one, it doesn't work and then insists he still needs them. Yes, because the one you signed didn't work out. Neither did the one before that (Di maria). The concern would be that he'd change another 5 in, 5 out and only 1 or two would be good signings. As it has been the last two summers

Only one of our summer signings started yesterday. One was admittedly injured (scwine) but the others (schnide, darmian, depay) were all players brought in to massively improve us in their respective areas and none of them can get in the side ahead of a 35 year old Carrick, a right winger and striker playing on the left.

He does need more players, but the ones he's brought in haven't been up to it. I simply wouldn't trust him with another £200m.
Closed Thread