I think it was a 1-1 draw?

Old 08-10-2016, 01:15 AM
92ToBury

August 86, United 2 West Ham 3, at the back of J stand

Old 08-10-2016, 09:16 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
First game - my 8th Birthday - Keith Fane read my name out pre game.

https://youtu.be/46T4aSoUTSY

2nd game was a belter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9cZrkH7vGg
You're about the same age as me. Remember those seasons, specific games, goalscorers etc more vividly than any other. 2000-2010 all a blur.

Old 08-10-2016, 09:42 AM
The taste of syphillis

5 April 1969

Saw my absolute hero George score against Forest. Morgan got the other 2

3-1 and couldn't get over that football wasn;'t in black and white with no commentary.

Bottom corner of the canteliver at the Stretty which I am chuffed seems to have survived?

Old 08-10-2016, 10:57 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of syphillis
5 April 1969

Saw my absolute hero George score against Forest. Morgan got the other 2

3-1 and couldn't get over that football wasn;'t in black and white with no commentary.

Bottom corner of the canteliver at the Stretty which I am chuffed seems to have survived?

Way before my time. Would love to be able to go back and see that era.

Old 08-10-2016, 11:06 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
You're about the same age as me. Remember those seasons, specific games, goalscorers etc more vividly than any other. 2000-2010 all a blur.
It's funny, most seasons are a blur to me, but for some reason the 06-07 season I remember nearly every game like it was yesterday.

I think it was because I thought that we were so far behind Chelsea I spent the entire season waiting for us to wobble and consequently every game almost felt like a cup final.

Plus the lads were wearing my all time favourite United shirt, particularly in European games with the gold lettering, bewdiful...

Old 08-10-2016, 11:31 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
It's funny, most seasons are a blur to me, but for some reason the 06-07 season I remember nearly every game like it was yesterday.

I think it was because I thought that we were so far behind Chelsea I spent the entire season waiting for us to wobble and consequently every game almost felt like a cup final.

Plus the lads were wearing my all time favourite United shirt, particularly in European games with the gold lettering, bewdiful...

Yep. That sticks in the head tbf. That and 2008.

Old 08-10-2016, 04:15 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7

Yep

One of the best season I can remember in terms of attacking football we played and the fact I thought we were massive outsiders to win anything, the 'run in' was too.

Cracking season.

Old 08-10-2016, 06:52 PM
red in cumbria

The preceding summer, "shredding his legacy at every turn" was written - and loads of reds agreed with it

Old 08-10-2016, 07:01 PM
Marlon Van Baron

My first game was played on the 30th anniversary of the Munich air crash. The story behind it was that the only goal that day was scored at 3:06pm and the goalscorer was Liam O'Brien, the player that day to come through the United youth set-up

I was 14 at the time and living in London. I was attending as a guest of the Bryan Robson fan club The only way my parents would let me go was to get one of the older lads from my estate to come with me. We went to Euston and when we got there he f**ked off back home so I went up on my own. My Mum and Dad went ape shit when they later saw this lad walking past our house and I was nowhere to be seen
Closed Thread