United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Gaming
Reply
 
Old 03-12-2017, 01:14 PM
Poop
 
Default

PC aside, I basically stopped playing games until I bought mine. I've got (quite literally Richard) an unopened PS4, Vita, WiiU and 3DS at home. Plus a shit load of games for them I've obviously never played.

As for the Switch I've clocked hundreds of hours on it. It really is that good and BOTW is worth the price of it alone. It's a work of art, probably my favourite game ever, maybe more so than even my beloved Doom
 
Old 03-12-2017, 02:08 PM
Whip Hubley
 
Default

All sounds good but I've got MK8 and Zelda on wiiU obvs, so makes it less of an easy choice.

If price drops after christmas I'll probably have a dabble.
 
Old 03-12-2017, 04:49 PM
Poop
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
All sounds good but I've got MK8 and Zelda on wiiU obvs, so makes it less of an easy choice.

If price drops after christmas I'll probably have a dabble.
Doubt if the price will drop tbh. There are still queues and riots for them when Nintendo ship units. I'm quite surprised I just wandered into Argos last March and bought one there and then with no reservation.



According to EA of all developers there is a Nintendo Direct show scheduled for January. Should go some way towards seeing what's in store for 2018, hopefully a few third party surprises. The numbers are there anyway, the 10 million forecasted sale figure looks like it'll be surpassed this Christmas. Whether that audience just wants to play cuddly (but f***ing epic) Nintendo games or GTA, Tomb Raider and Destiny is another matter though
 
Old 03-12-2017, 08:03 PM
elhombre
 
Default

So it's been a success?

I thought people were hammering this system before it was released??
 
Old 03-12-2017, 08:09 PM
Whip Hubley
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
So it's been a success?

I thought people were hammering this system before it was released??
That's been par for the course with Nintendo for years - the N64 was slated pre-release because of the launch lineup and cartridge/CD debate, gamecube again because of the discs and lack of DVD player, wii and wii-u because they were offering something different.... yet consistently, for me, they are always the consoles with the stand out titles and most memorable experiences - even if there are maybe only a handful of AAA titles for each console.

Give me a nintendo console with 5 incredible titles over an xbox/ps with tens of identikit racing/fps games any day of the week.
 
Old 03-12-2017, 08:21 PM
elhombre
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
That's been par for the course with Nintendo for years - the N64 was slated pre-release because of the launch lineup and cartridge/CD debate, gamecube again because of the discs and lack of DVD player, wii and wii-u because they were offering something different.... yet consistently, for me, they are always the consoles with the stand out titles and most memorable experiences - even if there are maybe only a handful of AAA titles for each console.

Give me a nintendo console with 5 incredible titles over an xbox/ps with tens of identikit racing/fps games any day of the week.
interesting.

have to say, when nintendo get it right with their games, such as MK or Zelda etc. i can't fault them.

Mario Kart is incredible. Remember playing it on the SNES and it still stands up as an amazing game.
 
Old 04-01-2018, 03:53 PM
plopborsky
 
Default



 
Old 04-01-2018, 03:59 PM
elhombre
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
is it really that good?
 
Old 04-01-2018, 04:06 PM
Lok
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
is it really that good?
I rarely play on my XB1 any more as the Switch is so much better.

No f***ing about installing games for hours on end, no lengthy loading times. Just good, fun games.

To be fair, I've probably hated the XB1 since the day I got it. I remember being excited thinking I'd play Halo 5 that came with it straight away. 6 hours later it still hadn't finished installing.

I'm glad it's a success, Nintendo have always done their own thing and this time it has paid off.
 
Old 04-01-2018, 04:08 PM
elhombre
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I rarely play on my XB1 any more as the Switch is so much better.

No f***ing about installing games for hours on end, no lengthy loading times. Just good, fun games.

To be fair, I've probably hated the XB1 since the day I got it. I remember being excited thinking I'd play Halo 5 that came with it straight away. 6 hours later it still hadn't finished installing.

I'm glad it's a success, Nintendo have always done their own thing and this time it has paid off.
there is absolutely nothing appealing on the XB1... at all in terms of games. Except the new COD and even that looks shit.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Nintendo NX
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nintendo DS ScholesScoresGoals2 Gaming 4 06-10-2008 04:14 PM
Nintendo Wii Ole Van Smudge Gaming 11 15-04-2008 05:38 PM
Nintendo Wii thatsfuctit Main Forum 22 11-07-2007 02:47 PM
Nintendo DS Help neesy Gaming 1 14-05-2007 11:13 AM
HELP! Nintendo DS red red robbo Gaming 1 04-03-2007 05:26 PM
All times are GMT. The time now is 09:58 PM.

Copyright 2006 - 2018 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.