United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Gaming

Old 06-03-2016, 11:13 PM
Poop

Default Nintendo NX

New Nintendo console. This document (along with several more) was leaked tonight. They were sent out to publishers/developers attending and showcasing software and hardware at this years E3.

Looks like it'll be getting its unveiling in June then. Nobody knows anything. It's supposedly a bit better than the Xbox One in technical terms.

Can't say I have much time for Nintendo but it would be nice to see them get back into the mix.

Old 07-03-2016, 03:26 AM
waynes ear's

If its only better than the xbox one then the mad c***s need to up their game. PS4 is pissing all over it and only gimps will buy another nintendo console after recent efforts.

No offence obvz

Nintendo really need to just go the way of sega. Publish the back catalogue on the playstation store and they'd make a fortune just off mario/starfox/donkey kong/ f-zero alone

We grew up playing this shit and would pay for it again

Old 07-03-2016, 07:29 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
If its only better than the xbox one then the mad c***s need to up their game. PS4 is pissing all over it and only gimps will buy another nintendo console after recent efforts.

No offence obvz

Nintendo really need to just go the way of sega. Publish the back catalogue on the playstation store and they'd make a fortune just off mario/starfox/donkey kong/ f-zero alone

We grew up playing this shit and would pay for it again

I'm a massive gimp then

The wii-U, for me, is still my most played on console or at least on a par with the PS4 - the usual suspects (mario kart, zelda, a few unexpected gems like xenoblade etc) get played regularly and although I completely get why it was pretty much a commercial failure, there's enough AAA stuff on there (plus the virtual console which sells a lot of the back catalogue) to see that there's still a lot of quality within Nintendo's ranks.

Pretty much since the N64 onwards they've always done things a bit differently to microsoft and sony - Cartridge use when they were out of fashion, the gamecube with it's odd mini DVD's and no DVD functionality, etc etc. But I like that about them - the PS4 and Xbone are so similar in concept it means there's nothing really 'out there' for gamers who don't want more COD and Forza clones. Although I think the PS4 is a very good and very effective system, there's zero originality in it's games (or 99% of them) which is why Nintendo are still valid even now with the wiiU.

NRAT, TLDR lol etc

Last edited by Whip Hubley; 07-03-2016 at 07:33 AM.

Old 07-03-2016, 09:46 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
I'm a massive gimp then

The wii-U, for me, is still my most played on console or at least on a par with the PS4 - the usual suspects (mario kart, zelda, a few unexpected gems like xenoblade etc) get played regularly and although I completely get why it was pretty much a commercial failure, there's enough AAA stuff on there (plus the virtual console which sells a lot of the back catalogue) to see that there's still a lot of quality within Nintendo's ranks.

Pretty much since the N64 onwards they've always done things a bit differently to microsoft and sony - Cartridge use when they were out of fashion, the gamecube with it's odd mini DVD's and no DVD functionality, etc etc. But I like that about them - the PS4 and Xbone are so similar in concept it means there's nothing really 'out there' for gamers who don't want more COD and Forza clones. Although I think the PS4 is a very good and very effective system, there's zero originality in it's games (or 99% of them) which is why Nintendo are still valid even now with the wiiU.

NRAT, TLDR lol etc
Good post. I'm not a Nintendo fanboy, but have to appreciate they make absolute quality games, which you can tell are made by them even if you didn't see the box. Not many developers have that ability. I appreciate their inclusivity of design as well, can be played by literally everybody of every age.

Bloody odd company though. I know a few people who worked in the local office. No internet allowed, managers checking people's emails etc...

Old 07-03-2016, 09:53 AM
Poop

I hope it isn't the console/handheld hybrid everybody is speculating it will be.

Too much smoke though so it probably will. This wireless hdmi dongle that was touched upon last week certainly suggests so.

WiiU mk2

Mine still isn't opened btw. 15 months lying on the floor in its box. I really really should. Hope its working

Old 07-03-2016, 10:39 AM
dunk

The kids absolutely love the Wii U,

Old 07-03-2016, 12:44 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The kids absolutely love the Wii U,

You passive aggressive bastard....

Old 18-03-2016, 05:26 PM
Poop

Supposedly the NX controller

Old 18-03-2016, 05:56 PM
TheFatGoth

Old 22-03-2016, 08:08 AM
Poop

A little off-topic but interesting.

Latest version of Cemu (WiiU emulator) is looking good....