United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Science & Technology

Old 01-03-2016, 12:52 PM
CarrotMan

why the hell is the Iphone still dominating?

Old 01-03-2016, 01:10 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrotMan View Post
why the hell is the Iphone still dominating?
depends what you mean by dominating.....

Old 03-03-2016, 12:51 PM
CarrotMan

They are the most famous phone I presume ? and everyones using it.

Old 03-03-2016, 12:58 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo View Post
That P8 you linked is 230

I wouldn't touch any dodgy Chinese manufacturers, they look great on the face of it but build quality is shit and I'm not convinced you'd get much in the way of ongoing support, s/w updates etc.

The Moto G is a great phone and you could get one for 120 easily. My son has just replaced his two year old one with a Sony Experia C4 and that looks like a great piece of kit. I would probably go for that over the Moto G right now. My other lad has an Experia Z and he has had no trouble with it at all.
What's dodgy about Huawei?!? Their market share is the bigger than Motorola's ffs. This isn't some two bit outfit making phones in a sweatshop, they're one of the biggest phone manufacturers in the world!

Huawei, Xiaomi and Meizu are very good phone manufacturers and their products are every bit as good as the likes of Motorola, LG, Samsung etc... in terms of build quality.

To think otherwise would be extremely ignorant.

Old 03-03-2016, 07:56 PM
TheFatGoth

I have to say, I took up your advise on the P8 and so far I've been really impressed. Not missing my Xperia at all to be honest.

If I could have one complaint, it's that the battery life doesn't seem that great for a new phone, but I am quite a heavy user. Other than that it's been great.

Cheers for the tip.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:08 PM
92ToBury

I'll be moving off my iphone on to one of these next:

https://www.wileyfox.com/storm/

Old 03-03-2016, 08:54 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury View Post
I'll be moving off my iphone on to one of these next:

https://www.wileyfox.com/storm/
Don't, it's shit.

It's basically a rebadged phone from one of the very cheap Chinese manufacturers. You can buy the same phone for around 90 if you get it under a Chinese brand. I wouldn't recommend it though as it's crap.

Check out the Xiaomi Redmi 3. A much, much better phone for considerably less.

Old 02-08-2016, 01:03 PM
TheFatGoth

S7 or S7 Edge?

Old 02-08-2016, 01:12 PM
plopborsky

I just got the iPhone se going from the nexus 6p and I love it. Small phone amazing battery life great camera. I realized I don't need that huge phone because when I really want to do anything productive or watch a movie etc I just use an tablet/ipad/pc anyway vs my phone.

The frustration of android battery life is still a mystery to me. Some days its fine the next its losing 10% every min for no reason.

Small phone reds

Old 02-08-2016, 05:38 PM
Poop

Been offered 140 for my Xperia Z2 and a new Z5 for 380.

Will I notice any difference? The Z2 still handles everything I throw at it effortlessly. The only downside to it is the shit camera which is an odd one for Sony.

I'd love to try the oneplus3 but apparently it needs charging every 24 hours.