United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Science & Technology

Old 04-02-2016, 12:56 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetrisblock
I had the Z1 and it bricked on me 18 months into my contract. Have had other bad experiences with Sony, but that's purely anecdotal.

Got myself a Samsung S6 and it hasn't let me down once.

A good cheap smartphone with very good capabilties is the Moto G. Should be able to get it for 150, might be cheaper than buying out your contract and always handy to have a spare around if you do upgrade in 6 months.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pho...1300373/review
That's old advice, you can get much better phones than the Moto G for the same or less. For example that P8 I linked is streets ahead of it.

For 150 that P8 is an incredible phone.

Old 04-02-2016, 01:03 PM
TheFatGoth

For 150 it's not a bad shout actually - would cost me 115 just to buy out my contract.

Old 04-02-2016, 01:19 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Really like the look of the Xperia z5 Premium - got some great specs - would probably end up costing more than an iPhone though which is a bit off putting

It'll be Z5 compact for me next. Ideal for me and I don't like too big a phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
That's old advice, you can get much better phones than the Moto G for the same or less. For example that P8 I linked is streets ahead of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
For 150 it's not a bad shout actually - would cost me 115 just to buy out my contract.
I've had a Huawei. Great Specs and very reasonable but it was probably worst piece of technology I've ever owned. Totally unreliable, utter shit. Constantly being sent back and still kept breaking down. I ended up driving my car over it and claiming insurance in the hope they'd give me something else but the f***ers fixed it and sent it back to me.

Last edited by dodger; 04-02-2016 at 01:23 PM.

Old 04-02-2016, 02:00 PM
carlosartorial

f***ing tramps.

Just get an iPhone ffs.

Old 04-02-2016, 02:01 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetrisblock
I had the Z1 and it bricked on me 18 months into my contract. Have had other bad experiences with Sony, but that's purely anecdotal.

Got myself a Samsung S6 and it hasn't let me down once.
Sounds like old Dodger should change his name to Dodgy. As in ADVICE.

Good shout on the Samsung, although blokes prefer the Note.

Old 04-02-2016, 02:31 PM
Long tongue phooey

I've got the Z5 and it's a brilliant phone apart from the same problem that all xperia phones have had, the charging L.E.D can't be turned off, it's really f***ing annoying and I've resorted to using a small piece of electrical tape to cover the light.

Old 05-02-2016, 09:42 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long tongue phooey
I've got the Z5 and it's a brilliant phone apart from the same problem that all xperia phones have had, the charging L.E.D can't be turned off, it's really f***ing annoying and I've resorted to using a small piece of electrical tape to cover the light.
I turn mine over. It is annoying though.

Old 05-02-2016, 11:13 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

That P8 you linked is 230

I wouldn't touch any dodgy Chinese manufacturers, they look great on the face of it but build quality is shit and I'm not convinced you'd get much in the way of ongoing support, s/w updates etc.

The Moto G is a great phone and you could get one for 120 easily. My son has just replaced his two year old one with a Sony Experia C4 and that looks like a great piece of kit. I would probably go for that over the Moto G right now. My other lad has an Experia Z and he has had no trouble with it at all.

Old 05-02-2016, 03:26 PM
redhegemony

the one plus one is astonishing value - big phone very quick.

https://oneplus.net/oneplus-one

Old 05-02-2016, 03:31 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Sounds like old Dodger should change his name to Dodgy. As in ADVICE.

Good shout on the Samsung, although blokes prefer the Note.
Samsung Galaxy Note is the only choice for the discerning gentleman.