United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Science & Technology

Old 04-02-2016, 09:58 AM
TheFatGoth

Default New phone recommendations

Had a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact for the last 18 months which I've been quite happy with. Unfortunately, I stupidly dropped it the other week trying to take a picture of a Sloth. Now the touchscreen digitizer is f***ed and I can only use it if I plug a mouse or keyboard in.

For the price it will cost me to get it fixed I might as well just buy out the remaining 6 months or so on the contract and get a new phone. There's a few new Xperia models out (Z5 / Z5 Compact / Z5 Premium) but wondered if there were any alternatives up for recommendation. Open to ideas tbh.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:59 AM
Withers

Old 04-02-2016, 09:59 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Cheers. Camera decent?

Old 04-02-2016, 12:19 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Had a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact for the last 18 months which I've been quite happy with. Unfortunately, I stupidly dropped it the other week trying to take a picture of a Sloth. Now the touchscreen digitizer is f***ed and I can only use it if I plug a mouse or keyboard in.

For the price it will cost me to get it fixed I might as well just buy out the remaining 6 months or so on the contract and get a new phone. There's a few new Xperia models out (Z5 / Z5 Compact / Z5 Premium) but wondered if there were any alternatives up for recommendation. Open to ideas tbh.
Stick with Sony. I've never found anything that comes to close. My three sonys have never hung, overheated, crashed, turned themselves off or any other of the random shit my other phones have constantly done. Decent camera too.

Old 04-02-2016, 12:22 PM
guerreiro

Apple do good phones.

Old 04-02-2016, 12:36 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Stick with Sony. I've never found anything that comes to close. My three sonys have never hung, overheated, crashed, turned themselves off or any other of the random shit my other phones have constantly done. Decent camera too.
Really like the look of the Xperia z5 Premium - got some great specs - would probably end up costing more than an iPhone though which is a bit off putting

Old 04-02-2016, 12:37 PM
tetrisblock

I had the Z1 and it bricked on me 18 months into my contract. Have had other bad experiences with Sony, but that's purely anecdotal.

Got myself a Samsung S6 and it hasn't let me down once.

A good cheap smartphone with very good capabilties is the Moto G. Should be able to get it for 150, might be cheaper than buying out your contract and always handy to have a spare around if you do upgrade in 6 months.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pho...1300373/review

Old 04-02-2016, 12:45 PM
smith90

This actually depends on the usage of your phone. If you are into taking good photos, then stick to Sony. For those who love to doodle, then Samsung Note is better. Just choose on what specs are you looking forward to use often.

Old 04-02-2016, 12:53 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith90
For those who love to doodle, then Samsung Note is better. .