United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Main > Main Forum

Old 09-09-2017, 10:03 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
People who leave a space between the last letter of a word and any form of punctuation:

" Darmian is utter w*** , isn't he ? "
Quite literally, a waste of space.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:19 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
People who leave a space between the last letter of a word and any form of punctuation:

" Darmian is utter w*** , isn't he ? "
You are correct, but I find a single space between the last word and the question mark / exclamation mark makes it more readable, thus ;

"Darmian is utter w***."

"Darmian is utter w*** !" is more readable than "Darmian is utter w***!"

"Darmian is utter w***, isn't he ?" reads easier than "Darmian is utter w***, isn't he?"

Grammatically you are right of course but for me it's easier with a space for those two punctuation symbols.

Last edited by Albert Tatlock; 10-09-2017 at 10:22 AM.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:49 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
You are correct, but I find a single space between the last word and the question mark / exclamation mark makes it more readable, thus ;

"Darmian is utter w***."

"Darmian is utter w***, isn't he ?" reads easier than "Darmian is utter w***, isn't he?"

Grammatically you are right of course but for me it's easier with a space for those two punctuation symbols.
Literally makes no difference!

Old 10-09-2017, 10:54 AM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Literally makes no difference!
difference !

Old 10-09-2017, 11:52 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock

"Darmian is utter w***."

Old 10-09-2017, 01:20 PM
est.1878

How can you spot cockneys on holiday ?

Just sit 200m away and listen in

Old 10-09-2017, 02:10 PM
believe

When you walk in the pub and someone says "here he is again, you're in here every night" well I'm not but the reason you think I am is because you're in here every night and see me when I come in

Old 10-09-2017, 02:19 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
When you walk in the pub and someone says "here he is again, you're in here every night" well I'm not but the reason you think I am is because you're in here every night and see me when I come in
Yeah mirrors are right judgemental c***s

Old 10-09-2017, 02:46 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Yeah mirrors are right judgemental c***s
Ffs

Old 10-09-2017, 03:21 PM
denis lawless

Thumbs down

anyone who does this shit in front of somebody ......

wants kicking in the nuts so that when they bow down, they stay down...in absolute agony

cringy retards