United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Old 27-09-2015, 07:38 AM
teflon_terry

Football Is Daley Blind becoming our most important player?

His ability to accurately pick out players from long distance has certainly been pivotal to many of our goals of late, and makes us a lot more difficult to defend against. Seems a pretty critical component of our play atm?

Old 27-09-2015, 07:50 AM
Bunker Buster

Becoming ???

Before his injury last year (which he came back from fit and firing) he was inline for POS.

The boys an absolute methodical beast.

You're 100% right.

We wondered if it work long term with him at the back, doubts on his pace, but he's aggressive, calm and assured on the ball...and as you said his balks from the back are opening up oppositions and he can pop up from set pieces and bag a goal or two..

A footballer that does 95% of things right.

Old 27-09-2015, 07:55 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Becoming ???

Before his injury last year (which he came back from fit and firing) he was inline for POS.

The boys an absolute methodical beast.

You're 100% right.

We wondered if it work long term with him at the back, doubts on his pace, but he's aggressive, calm and assured on the ball...and as you said his balks from the back are opening up oppositions and he can pop up from set pieces and bag a goal or two..

A footballer that does 95% of things right.
Our own future Matt Hummels maybe?? He lacks pace as well doesn't he?

Old 27-09-2015, 08:11 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

He's fucking ace. The amount off stick he gets is unreal. Name me a centre back who reads the game better than our Daley?

Old 27-09-2015, 08:12 AM
fix up look SHARPE

in times like this it's always good to see who his early advocates were. pat on the back for the usual sage suspects - saffers, crumps, parters and myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
would love us to get daley blind in. someone who can cover a number of positions to a good standard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Sign him up, obscene vision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Left back and cover til Strooters comes. Fucking no brainer innit. Will be the pound for pound signing of the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

di maria is decent but he can fuck off the little dweeb. Much rather have reus or draxler.

Anyway, we need 2 centre halves and a centre mid first ffs!

Vidal, hummels and de vrij please Louis...oh and chuck big Daley blind also

Old 27-09-2015, 08:22 AM
teflon_terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
in times like this it's always good to see who his early advocates were. pat on the back for the usual sage suspects - saffers, crumps, parters and myself.
Oh good, another sage-off.

Old 27-09-2015, 09:12 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflon_terry
Oh good, another sage-off.

How many times has he put balls thru like that now? First I saw was for RVPs header in the WC from his cross/pass and several times already this season.

Old 27-09-2015, 09:25 AM
gbmufc

Well there is now doubt that he is an excellent reader of the game and when he has time on the ball he has the ability to pick out an excellent pass. But I fear his lack of pace and the ability to track back with forwards will cost us dearly in inportant games, particularly in Europe.

He was exposed badly against Swansea and also against PSV. Arsenal next week with there pace up front will be a big test for him and for the team.

Old 27-09-2015, 09:47 AM
Stickman

I'll hold my hands up and admit I was wrong. Thought blind was highly average but that's doing him a huge disservice.

Stickman was a plonker on this one and is delighted to be wrong.

Old 27-09-2015, 09:48 AM
Red Al

Blind is a fergie type player too

No off the field antics
Does what he's asked
Never moans
Settled in to life up here
And an all round good egg as they say

If he was a yard or two faster the guy would be worth about 80 mil
Closed Thread