United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Old 19-08-2015, 07:18 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
we have a mentally ill manager with a slow tight nonce running things in woody.....we need a director of football or someeeeeething as this aint working out.

get ancelotti/pep in the summer.
I am tired of the circus act van gaal and his monkey woodward

Get a professional coach(Argentina) and a top notch sporting director(Baron).

Old 19-08-2015, 07:20 PM
kid napper

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
issue I have with this sort of shit is you don't know what his actual job is and how he gets rewarded.
New to the glazers pol.

Very unimpressive transfer window really. Consolidation but not enough to win the league, when I don't think we are too far away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I feel like a lot of you are a bit deluded about the reality of Manchester United. Pedro has gone to chelsea because it's in london. Without paying him galactico wages there's nothing we could do about that. A player doesn't stay on the bench at barca for years because he's ambitious.

The only way we can convince a disinterested player to join is by paying stupid wages and dimaria showed us how that works out.
He could have been done and dusted weeks ago if the clause had been met.

See the depay transfer.

Old 19-08-2015, 07:32 PM
Jethro

He's a spastic but he's had a good summer imo. Challenging Real for one of their top brass and not quite pulling it off is hardly to be sniffed at. As for Pedro who the f*** knows.

Old 19-08-2015, 07:51 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
I am tired of the circus act van gaal and his monkey woodward

Get a professional coach(Argentina) and a top notch sporting director(Baron).
:shakehead:

What have you become

Old 19-08-2015, 07:54 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid napper

See the depay transfer.
just because a club meets the buyout clause doesn't mean the player has to join that club.

Old 19-08-2015, 07:56 PM
Darmian_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid napper
New to the glazers pol.

Very unimpressive transfer window really. Consolidation but not enough to win the league, when I don't think we are too far away.

See the depay transfer.
Did you see a trend in our transfer activities this season?

We signed all four players for whom we paid; Memphis, Darmian, Bastian, Morgan, with a very quick negotiation. We asked what we have to pay, we paid straightforward and got the deal done. If we really were signing Pedro, we would have signed him swiftly.

Hence, from this I come to the conclusion that I don't think we were ever really interested in him. The media was just deluded and didn't have any idea what's going on.

Old 19-08-2015, 07:57 PM
Switching Off

When you look at the signings he has managed to pull off, we only really had any competition for Depay, and since he's called Van Gaal a father figure in the past that wasn't that difficult

He's gone from genius to shitc*** faster than Sterling did in April though.

Old 19-08-2015, 08:01 PM
forzagarza

Hey everyone please follow my new twitter account

www.twitter.com/utdforummeltdown

thanks lads

Old 19-08-2015, 08:04 PM
Marvel7

Buying a player is no different to buying anything else, you only pay what you think is a fair price or you are a fool.

Love how early in the summer it was supposedly van gaal getting shit done and telling Woodward what he wanted and that's that, then when a transfer doesn't happen Woodward has f***ed it up and van gaal will be furious.

Idiots saying just pay the asking price, we have loads of money etc!!! We still work within a budget, ffp for whatever its worth is still about and you can be sure if united were to breach it the penalties would be harsh and upheld.

All these players we supposedly missed out on or got outbid or they chose one of our rivals, 90% of them united have never so much as made an official enquiry.

Old 19-08-2015, 08:05 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
We need to have a Director of Football, a person that conducts transfers in and out and sorts out contracts and the like and has some sort of standing in the game. The Coach should be left to look after the day to day running of the team and tell the Director of Football what players he wants and does'nt. All the top European teams have a Football man that looks after transfers.. Ed should stick to what he seems to be good at, e.g. getting Sponsorship deals.
Absolutely bang on

I've been saying for a long time that we need an experienced director of football who has the contacts and knows how to handle transfer ins and outs
No way we get the shite transfer fees for players we sell that's happened for over 10 years now

Aside from the commercial side of the club the general structure of the club is pretty archaic