United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-08-2015, 10:10 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
rojo can play left back, but he is a better centre back than blind.
Based on Blinds recent performances I don't think that's necessarily true.

Unread 19-08-2015, 10:16 AM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Think he meant Blind would revert to left back, Rojo in at CB. Probably.
that's an option, exactly.

2 of them can play CB, 2 of them can play LM/LW and all 3 can play LB.

shaw the most likely to get injured first - after rojo anyway ;-}

Unread 19-08-2015, 02:23 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Yep. Tried to ignore it at first but it's become a huge issue for me and I fear it's something that will affect his long term standing in the game. Wouldn't be so bad if he hadn't started off life in the dream boat category - but to go from dream boat to this £#%&!ing teenage Isis fuzz look shows an incredible lack of self awareness.

Most people know that beards are for absolute @#%&!s. Especially the half mast pant Bretagne jumper wearing @#%&!s that try to read Jean paul Sartre whilst walking down market street. OG beard wearers I can cope with tbh but the fashionistas are proper cringe.

But this Hamas chic thing from blind is something else altogether. One of two things as far as I'm concerned - it's either a form of self harm suggesting some greater problem is at work or, as is common to all beard wearers, it's simply a tool to hide a much deeper issue.

Probably both come to think of it.

Not good, not good at all.
Maybe he is backing Jezza for Labour leader?

Unread 29-02-2016, 02:18 PM
S/Side.Red

Unread 29-02-2016, 02:24 PM
Knockers

Our handsomest player since Berbs, maybe even since Van Der Gouw, but still not in love with him tbh.

Unread 29-02-2016, 02:25 PM
dunk

Meh

Unread 29-02-2016, 02:31 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Meh indeed.......

He just works for us.....one of the clubs best signings.

Unread 29-02-2016, 02:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Meh indeed.......

He just works for us.....one of the clubs best signings.

Will be a top notch squad player.

Unread 29-02-2016, 02:36 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

top 3 player of the season so far. could win it.

Unread 29-02-2016, 02:48 PM
S/Side.Red

Blind-Carrick against the pace of Walcott, Sanchez and Welbz? Surely they get ripped. Nah

Unread 29-02-2016, 02:53 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
top 3 player of the season so far. could win it.
Twici'd that

Unread 29-02-2016, 02:55 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Blind-Carrick against the pace of Walcott, Sanchez and Welbz? Surely they get ripped. Nah
First 5 yards in the head for those two; and I don't care if you're Usain I'm fast as £#%&! Christie, you ain't getting the better of them

Unread 29-02-2016, 03:03 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
First 5 yards in the head for those two; and I don't care if you're Usain I'm fast as £#%&! Christie, you ain't getting the better of them
Yep. Don't get me wrong, the team was excellently prepared to help them, but it's great having two intelligent footballers back there.

Unread 29-02-2016, 04:18 PM
Billy Redface

For all the constant comments about him not being a centre half, his shortcomings aren't exposed any more than most centre backs.

He's been a really good signing for us. In terms of consistency and reliability, probably LvG's best signing.

He's a classy bastard. I like classy bastards.

Unread 29-02-2016, 05:51 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Yep. Don't get me wrong, the team was excellently prepared to help them, but it's great having two intelligent footballers back there.
or actual footballers as i've been calling them

i bet smalling has had more touches than any other united player this season - can't be far off anyway...

what possible sense is there in having probably your worst footballer having such a huge chunk of the ball ? how can the system possibly function automatically in that scenario?

Unread 29-02-2016, 05:54 PM
billynomates

The ability to do a *good* (not average) job in several positions cannot be overstated. People often overlook Blind because he's not a worldy in any one position... this is wrong. CB/LB/DM and he'll be decent, add to that he can actually see a pass and an odd assist... really good signing.

Unread 29-02-2016, 06:13 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
what possible sense is there in having probably your worst footballer having such a huge chunk of the ball ? how can the system possibly function automatically in that scenario?
Even van Gaal hasn't been psycho enough to play Fellaini at centre half

Unread 29-02-2016, 06:16 PM
woody78

Quote:

Unread 29-02-2016, 06:21 PM
Cream

Blind is slow. Mike couldn't distribute the *yellow pages.

They're good together though NQAT.

*to be fair I have no idea of the logistics behind this.

Unread 29-02-2016, 06:21 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
or actual footballers as i've been calling them

i bet smalling has had more touches than any other united player this season - can't be far off anyway...

I agree, although it does make Darmian a strange signing. Clearly a guy whose main strengths are not in his build-up play. Seems a strange player to put next to Smalling, although I do have this nagging feeling that Van Gaal intended to try Jones with Blind this season.
Closed Thread