United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Old 18-08-2015, 10:35 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I wrote a long analysis before the game last Friday of how he'd likely struggle against the physical presence of Gestede at Villa Park.

Got logged out before I could submit the post.

Sage status intact.
That's the same Gestede who didn't even start the game, pal?

Old 18-08-2015, 10:48 PM
ZiggyStardust

Have to say I wasn't happy with the idea of Blind as a regular centre back before the season started but he's been our best player so far this season

Immaculate

One moment in the 2nd half he was isolated 1 v 1 against a very fast forward and how he dealt with that situation was so intelligent and took the ball off the lad

The pass for Memphis

Let's see how they do when they face a couple of top sides but Smalling and Blind is looking a cracking partnership at the moment

Old 18-08-2015, 10:51 PM
saffers

Imagine calling blind a waste of money at 14m ffs

CB, LB, DM. Top technician.

Worrying if he's our first choice cb but love the guy.

Old 18-08-2015, 10:51 PM
jem

he's a good footballer, but, if rojo is fit, he's straight in. maybe when we go back to 3 at the back, eh?

prefer blind to have more freedom to get forward occasionally anyway.

Old 18-08-2015, 10:52 PM
Jack Duckworth

bunks treading the line between sage and football wankery very well in this thread

Old 18-08-2015, 10:53 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he's a good footballer, but, if rojo is fit, he's straight in. maybe when we go back to 3 at the back, eh?

prefer blind to have more freedom to get forward occasionally anyway.
I honestly don't think so. Rojo is a bit of an empty vessel.

Old 18-08-2015, 11:04 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I honestly don't think so. Rojo is a bit of an empty vessel.
hasn't looked it so far.

Old 18-08-2015, 11:08 PM
silv

Finds himself a position anywhere... Left back, midfield, cb... No doubt see him dreamboat his way into goal if Romero fucks up

Old 19-08-2015, 07:20 AM
irk

Didn't think he'd cut the mustard at CB. I'm happy so far although the lack of pace may be an issue, and I worry about him getting out muscled. A sumptuous ball for the goal last night though.

I do have one major concern though. That beard. Quite frankly the Jedediah Barn Raising/captain Ahab look is threatening his dreamboat status. Thoughts?

Old 19-08-2015, 07:50 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk

I do have one major concern though. That beard. Quite frankly the Jedediah Barn Raising/captain Ahab look is threatening his dreamboat status. Thoughts?
Yep. Tried to ignore it at first but it's become a huge issue for me and I fear it's something that will affect his long term standing in the game. Wouldn't be so bad if he hadn't started off life in the dream boat category - but to go from dream boat to this fucking teenage Isis fuzz look shows an incredible lack of self awareness.

Most people know that beards are for absolute twats. Especially the half mast pant Bretagne jumper wearing Twats that try to read Jean paul Sartre whilst walking down market street. OG beard wearers I can cope with tbh but the fashionistas are proper cringe.

But this Hamas chic thing from blind is something else altogether. One of two things as far as I'm concerned - it's either a form of self harm suggesting some greater problem is at work or, as is common to all beard wearers, it's simply a tool to hide a much deeper issue.

Probably both come to think of it.

Not good, not good at all.
Closed Thread