United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Gaming

Old 19-02-2016, 07:15 PM
Poop

Alpha benchmarks. Running on a pretty meaty rig but its clear AMD card owners should be alright. Locked to 60 fps, dunno about the finished version.

Old 19-02-2016, 07:22 PM
Drexl

Well that's good news. My gfx card is so low it isn't even on the list. A syrupy 3fps for me

I bought doom 2 recently. Forgot about the awful controls. You move by "pushing" your mouse like you are playing air hockey. Binned.

EDIT: was looking at the cost of new cards. Just ordrered two of these in SLI:

http://www.uk.insight.com/en-gb/prod...FYEy0woddiEOpQ

Old 19-02-2016, 07:49 PM
Poop

Binned Doom 2. How f***ing dare you!

f*** knows what control setup you have opted for but pushing the mouse to move????

Set it to wasd with mouse look.

Better yet download the Doomsday or Z-Doom engine to run the game through it with all the modern FPS settings available to you.

Binning Doom 2 ffs

:seething:

Old 19-02-2016, 07:54 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop
Binned Doom 2. How f**king dare you!

f**k knows what control setup you have opted for but pushing the mouse to move????

Set it to wasd with mouse look.

Better yet download the Doomsday or Z-Doom engine to run the game through it with all the modern FPS settings available to you.

Binning Doom 2 ffs

:seething:
I love it, don't get me wrong, I assumed it was a case of "you cannot go back."

God knows what I was doing wrong... I had a mod to configure it and even that was like pulling teeth. You have inspired me to try again. Cheers for the tips

EDIT: looks amazing, but similar problem, too tired to look now. Both strafe and turn are bound to the same keys. I couldn't find an answer to it with the previous mod, hopefully this will have a solution.

Last edited by Drexl; 19-02-2016 at 08:40 PM.

Old 19-02-2016, 08:55 PM
Poop

Get rid of whatever mods you have and if you are using either of the engines I mentioned, assign left strafe to Q, right strafe to E and leave it at that. You don't need to use the keyboard to turn left or right, mouse will take care of that.

Old 19-02-2016, 09:42 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop
Get rid of whatever mods you have and if you are using either of the engines I mentioned, assign left strafe to Q, right strafe to E and leave it at that. You don't need to use the keyboard to turn left or right, mouse will take care of that.
I think part of the problem is i've used the arrow keys instead of wasd for so long there is no going back. I've installed doomsday. If i can unbind "turn" then everything will be rosy.

Many thanks for this btw.

Old 19-02-2016, 09:48 PM
Poop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
I think part of the problem is i've used the arrow keys instead of wasd for so long there is no going back. I've installed doomsday. If i can unbind "turn" then everything will be rosy.

Many thanks for this btw.
I'm only working from memory but I think backspace on the keyboard unbinds player actions.

Old 19-02-2016, 10:25 PM
Why Don?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Well that's good news. My gfx card is so low it isn't even on the list. A syrupy 3fps for me

I bought doom 2 recently. Forgot about the awful controls. You move by "pushing" your mouse like you are playing air hockey. Binned.

EDIT: was looking at the cost of new cards. Just ordrered two of these in SLI:

http://www.uk.insight.com/en-gb/prod...FYEy0woddiEOpQ
I know you haven't bought two compute cards for gaming when you could buy 4 Titan X with plenty of change...plus Pascal is out soon.

Old 19-02-2016, 11:05 PM
Drexl

Thumbs up

EDIT: I don't read instructions (as evidenced by the time I installed a new washer in my house and didn't remove the bolts that secured the drum in transit and literally had to cling onto it like a bucking bronco as it went into spin and bounced around my kitchen smashing f**k out of everything ) so it took me a while to configure the mouse.

But this works a bloody dream.

You, sir, shall have good rep some time in the near future when I am able to re-rep.

Today, is doom's day.

Last edited by Drexl; 20-02-2016 at 09:17 AM.

Old 01-03-2016, 01:56 PM
CarrotMan

DOOM 4 is Love