United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer
Closed Thread
 
Old 07-01-2015, 12:39 PM
TripDownMiseryLane
 
Default

For a family that didn't have any cash and were watching their other businesses implode, they've done pretty.
 
Old 07-01-2015, 12:42 PM
92ToBury
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufferin Succotash
Why do people seem to think that the club are some sort of cash cow for the Glazers?

We are a company listed on a stock exchange ffs. They can't just take all the money they want out of the club. Their end game is to sell the club for upwards of 2b. That's how they make money from this whole sordid affair - not buy taking out 10m every couple of years in management and consultancy fees.
Season tickets near enough doubled in price in the first 5 years of their ownership then there's the ACS. Still compulsory if you want a chance of away tickets.

The end game is selling the cash cow rather than milking it. They've burdened us with massive debt, taken huge financial risks and priced people out. They borrowed the money to buy the club, including most of the initial share purchases before the compulsory buy-out.

Oh and the 10m every couple of years? Get f***ing real. New to share issues pol?
 
Old 07-01-2015, 12:48 PM
red red robbo
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Dunno. He reckoned that most of Malc's kids want rid though and only one or maybe two that are actually arsed about United in any way

I just don't see any chance of them selling though, they'd want 3-4 billion by now probably, who wants to part with that kind of dough for anything? Apple could buy us with some loose change I suppose
The stock exchange.

Pretty sure they could re-float the club and get that kind of return. People are buying shares now that don't give them any sort of voting rights or dividend for f***s sake
 
Old 07-01-2015, 01:19 PM
Sufferin Succotash
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Season tickets near enough doubled in price in the first 5 years of their ownership then there's the ACS. Still compulsory if you want a chance of away tickets.

The end game is selling the cash cow rather than milking it. They've burdened us with massive debt, taken huge financial risks and priced people out. They borrowed the money to buy the club, including most of the initial share purchases before the compulsory buy-out.

Oh and the 10m every couple of years? Get f**king real. New to share issues pol?
Yes, the CLUB makes money, but how do you think the gimps get the money out of the club? Our accounts a published regularly - show me examples of money leaving the club and going to the gimps account.
 
Old 07-01-2015, 01:31 PM
red red robbo
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufferin Succotash
Yes, the CLUB makes money, but how do you think the gimps get the money out of the club? Our accounts a published regularly - show me examples of money leaving the club and going to the gimps account.
Anything that says management fees or consultancy fees.
 
Old 07-01-2015, 02:12 PM
92ToBury
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufferin Succotash
Yes, the CLUB makes money, but how do you think the gimps get the money out of the club? Our accounts a published regularly - show me examples of money leaving the club and going to the gimps account.
You need to look at the overall picture.

Gimps buy club with money they've borrowed.
Gimps inflate worth of club.
Gimps float club and pocket cash.

Forget the management fees, etc., they've sold a heft wedge of shares without relinquishing control.

Very clever what they've done, I'll grant you.
 
Old 07-01-2015, 02:26 PM
Sufferin Succotash
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
Anything that says management fees or consultancy fees.
Exactly. That's why I said they manage to squeeze around 10m every couple of seasons. Whilst that may seem a lot of money to you or I that's not the kind of profit that gets people excited when they own an asset worth over 2b. Shit. I could put 2b in a ISA and get better returns than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
You need to look at the overall picture.

Gimps buy club with money they've borrowed.
Gimps inflate worth of club.
Gimps float club and pocket cash.


Forget the management fees, etc., they've sold a heft wedge of shares without relinquishing control.

Very clever what they've done, I'll grant you.
That's not called milking an asset mate.

They are waiting to sell. Simple. They can't get any REAL money out of the club now.
 
Old 07-01-2015, 02:27 PM
92ToBury
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufferin Succotash
Exactly. That's why I said they manage to squeeze around 10m every couple of seasons. Whilst that may seem a lot of money to you or I that's not the kind of profit that gets people excited when they own an asset worth over 2b. Shit. I could put 2b in a ISA and get better returns than that.

That's not called milking an asset mate.
Arguably it is when you consider the fans are an asset of the club.
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Latest figures/analysis
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Manchester United announce latest set of financial figures fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 13-05-2011 12:20 PM
MUST slam Glazers over latest Utd figures fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 11-01-2010 06:30 PM
TV viewing figures denis lawless Main Forum 20 25-01-2009 06:04 PM
overview of the latest deloitte report on football finance (2006-2007 figures) borsuk Football 9 01-06-2008 04:01 PM
the final rep figures were Revulva Football 73 11-04-2007 09:52 PM
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:06 PM.

Copyright 2006 - 2016 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.