United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Hall of Fame
Closed Thread
 
Old 03-01-2015, 12:29 PM
thatsfuctit
 
Default The Magic of the FA Cup - Fredster memories

1976 - my first FA Cup final, loved that team, loved the style of play The Doc encouraged

Here's the full game, not watched it in full myself yet


1977 - my first semi (so to speak)
V Leeds
55,000 in Hillsborough and a bit moody iirc


1977 - The Doc keeps his promise

Always great to beat the Vermin - more so when it stops a treble!

full game
 
Old 03-01-2015, 12:34 PM
Tierra Del Fuego
 
Default

Semi Final 2004 - great, great day
 
Old 03-01-2015, 12:40 PM
Ginners
 
Default

first utd FA cup memory was the final against everton. remember thinking wtf have i got myself into here
 
Old 03-01-2015, 12:40 PM
thatsfuctit
 
Default

1979 Vermin at Maine Road

Hadn't Andy Ritchie scored a Hat trick the week before and Joe Jordan come straight back in ?


and the replay - one of my favourite United goals

 
Old 03-01-2015, 12:42 PM
dragflick
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
first utd FA cup memory was the final against everton. remember thinking wtf have i got myself into here
You don't remember anything before you were 15?
 
Old 03-01-2015, 12:44 PM
thatsfuctit
 
Default

79 final in full if you can face it

 
Old 03-01-2015, 12:46 PM
Jack Duckworth
 
Default

first final i remember is the 1990 final v palace when i was 9. my mum got married to my step dad on the day of the original game, and i got a half-hearted promise that i could go if there was a replay. i think i was the only united fan delighted with a draw went to the replay on the thursday night (from memory) and had 2 days off school to do it.
 
Old 03-01-2015, 12:47 PM
thatsfuctit
 
Default

83 semi - Big Norm & Robbo, how much for a young version of either of them right now?

 
Old 03-01-2015, 12:50 PM
Ginners
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
You don't remember anything before you were 15?
 
Old 03-01-2015, 12:51 PM
thatsfuctit
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
first final i remember is the 1990 final v palace when i was 9. my mum got married to my step dad on the day of the original game, and i got a half-hearted promise that i could go if there was a replay. i think i was the only united fan delighted with a draw went to the replay on the thursday night (from memory) and had 2 days off school to do it.
I was other way around, went to the first game, not the 2nd

One of the great overlooked goals - I think in part due to it going to a replay, and in part because it seems to be best remembered for Smith's miss

1st Half highlights

2nd Half highlights

Replay highlights
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: The Magic of the FA Cup - Fredster memories
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sweet memories HarkNowHear Main Forum 7 23-02-2014 10:18 PM
Memories HarkNowHear Music 5 07-09-2013 11:18 PM
An off topic thread to discuss the magic of magic and freshly baked bread. magic_cantona Main Forum 55 30-12-2012 04:08 PM
memories HarkNowHear Main Forum 4 05-02-2008 03:21 PM
Thanks for the memories micky_moodys_hat Main Forum 2 13-05-2007 01:15 PM
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:05 PM.

Copyright 2006 - 2016 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.