United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Hall of Fame
Closed Thread
 
Old 10-11-2014, 10:27 PM
Withers
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
the opener from eric and andrei's beaming smile

oddly enough one of the things I remember most about that night is the TV coverage of paul ince spinning the ball on his fucking finger like a twat

and brian horton slagging off his goalkeeper in the post-match interview live on TV
The main thing I remember was it was a Thursday fucking night for some reason.
 
Old 10-11-2014, 10:29 PM
92ToBury
 
Default

Sparky just stroking it nonchalantly into the corner of the net for the fourth was fantastic. Then the hat-trick from Andrei finally had the local berts shut up about the 5-1 at Maine Road.
 
Old 10-11-2014, 10:54 PM
ashtonred
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
The main thing I remember was it was a Thursday fucking night for some reason.
Im confused too. Did a search to find the answer - nothing doing.

Anyone know the reason?
 
Old 10-11-2014, 10:57 PM
taff
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
the opener from eric and andrei's beaming smile

oddly enough one of the things I remember most about that night is the TV coverage of paul ince spinning the ball on his f**king finger like a twat

and brian horton slagging off his goalkeeper in the post-match interview live on TV
same here
 
Old 10-11-2014, 10:58 PM
dunk
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Sparky just stroking it nonchalantly into the corner of the net for the fourth was fantastic. Then the hat-trick from Andrei finally had the local berts shut up about the 5-1 at Maine Road.
That finish was awesome

Good contender for worst hat trick ever btw. Deflection and two tap ins after missing one v ones
 
Old 10-11-2014, 11:00 PM
Sparky***
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Sparky just stroking it nonchalantly into the corner of the net for the fourth was fantastic. Then the hat-trick from Andrei finally had the local berts shut up about the 5-1 at Maine Road.
And now we'll never get to shut them up about the 6-1.
 
Old 10-11-2014, 11:01 PM
dunk
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
And now we'll never get to shut them up about the 6-1.
Pisses me off tbh. We've been fucking ace for damn near all of the 20 years since then and have never got close to giving them another shoeing like that, in that time even whilst they have been utter wank they've beaten us 3's, 4's and the 6
 
Old 10-11-2014, 11:03 PM
My Name is Keith
 
Default

Can remember going bananas when the 5th went in - and the crowd making that shrillmad sound that's made when something amazing just happens.

That was the thing about United sides back then - at the back of my mind I was thinking, that can't put 5 past them to shut the Bert's up surely? That would be just too sweet.

And then they did.

Demolition derby.
 
Old 10-11-2014, 11:05 PM
red in cumbria
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
And we haven't given them a good hiding since then :shakehead:
Beat them ridiculously easy at their place later that season - 3-0 and could easily have been more.

But since then, even when we have outplayed them they somehow managed to keep the score down. Sick of it, tbh
 
Old 10-11-2014, 11:14 PM
Sparky***
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Pisses me off tbh. We've been fucking ace for damn near all of the 20 years since then and have never got close to giving them another shoeing like that, in that time even whilst they have been utter wank they've beaten us 3's, 4's and the 6
It's was the perfect storm for them at Old Trafford that day. Us going down to 10 men and then committing absolute tactical suicide by still chasing the game at 3-1 down. The 3 breakaway goals they scored afterwards were total amateur hour stuff. Absolutely fucking moronic tactics from us.

I doubt in our lifetime we'll ever see a City team again who are so poor that we can thrash them like that.

The sad thing is that when we hammered them 5-0 they were absolutely shite hanging around the bottom of the league and we were the best team in the country by a mile. That's how big the gap had to be for us to give them a battering. Whereas they've battered us a fair few times in recent seasons when we've had very good teams with top players of Champions league experience. It honestly makes you shake your head in dismay.
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: 20 years ago tonight
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Madness On Wheels: Rallying's Craziest Years. - BBC4 9pm tonight Fountz Other Sports & Fitness 9 02-04-2012 09:23 AM
16 Years Ago Tonight Dueling Banjos Off Topic 57 07-04-2011 10:55 AM
Going on my first date in 3 years tonight neworder Off Topic 176 09-10-2010 08:39 PM
Parky tonight - 30 years of music wee man Music 14 25-11-2007 12:02 AM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:10 AM.

Copyright 2006 - 2018 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.