United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Gaming

Old 28-12-2017, 10:23 PM
TheFatGoth

Crash Bandicoot - N'Sane Trilogy

Picked it up cheapish on PSN.

Old school platformer with old school frustrations. The type that make you want to keep trying and trying until you finally get that rewarding rush of achievement. Newer games could learn a thing or two.

Old 01-01-2018, 10:52 PM
Poop

Thumbs up

Fast RMX on Switch. A little overwhelming at first but once you get the ships under control its an absolute adrenaline rush. It's so fast. Wipeout on steroids if you will. But crucially, unlike Wipeout it's not ludicrously unfair.

And like all Swich games, crazy that it's on a handheld. It looks gorgeous in motion.

Old 02-01-2018, 02:27 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop
Fast RMX on Switch. A little overwhelming at first but once you get the ships under control its an absolute adrenaline rush. It's so fast. Wipeout on steroids if you will. But crucially, unlike Wipeout it's not ludicrously unfair.

And like all Swich games, crazy that it's on a handheld. It looks gorgeous in motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZnym6ZYTtY
got this day one like you say its hard at first.

got cuphead on my xbox I want smash the f***ing thing to pieces

Old 02-01-2018, 02:44 PM
Poop

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
got this day one like you say its hard at first.

got cuphead on my xbox I want smash the f***ing thing to pieces
Couldn't stand Cuphead. Really wanted to as it looked incredible but I'm just too impatient for all the bullet hell nonsense. There's no f***ing fun in that, or reward as some will try and convince you. And take away the graphics and all you have is a bloody 25 year old 2D SNES shooter.

RMX on the other hand has a sensible learning curve, not a punishing one. Learn to control the craft and that's it. I'm breezing through courses now.

*Haven't played Mario Odyssey yet Too many good games on the Switch. Absolutely adore it

Old 02-01-2018, 02:55 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Couldn't stand Cuphead. Really wanted to as it looked incredible but I'm just too impatient for all the bullet hell nonsense. There's no f***ing fun in that, or reward as some will try and convince you. And take away the graphics and all you have is a bloody 25 year old 2D SNES shooter.

RMX on the other hand has a sensible learning curve, not a punishing one. Learn to control the craft and that's it. I'm breezing through courses now.

*Haven't played Mario Odyssey yet Too many good games on the Switch. Absolutely adore it

Old 02-01-2018, 02:58 PM
Poop

I know. Will get stuck in soon. Perfect remedy to a horrible bloody gloomy January. Just as BOTW was to the tail end of last Winter.

Old 04-01-2018, 03:08 PM
Poop

Forza Horizon 3 any good? Led to believe it more of an arcade rather than those awful f***ing sims.

Got it on the MS store last night. 90 f***ing gig download

Old 04-01-2018, 03:17 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Forza Horizon 3 any good?
doubt it, i always found Forza to be a bit shite

Old 04-01-2018, 03:21 PM
plopborsky

i need to get 7 for the X its meant to look amazing. should have pm'd me i get that cheap pol

Old 04-01-2018, 03:29 PM
Poop

7 is part of the Forza Motorsport series, isn't it? Hardcore racing sim? Far as I know Forza Horizon is just a dumbarse arcade style variation. Least I hope it is.

Anyway, balls to them both. I'll play Mario Kart 8 instead.