United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Gaming

Old 28-05-2016, 11:20 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
Do you need to play the previous uncharted to get what's going on in 4?
And is it basically tomb raider with more guns?
I wouldn't say you do actually. As armers says this goes right back to the very beginning of Nate's adventuring. There's a couple of characters that were introduced in earlier games but there's no need to know what went on.

I don't think this was the best of the series though, for me that is still number two.

It's really Tomb Radio lite. The puzzles are much easier, there is a lot more gun play and no dinosaurs.

It's very linear though bunks and I know you're not a fan of that sort of thing. It's like a really interactive film with some great set pieces.

The Last of Us is better. Way better.

I finished Uncharted last week and am currently playing the new Homefront game. It's a free roaming fps and it's crap but strangely compelling at the same time. The graphics are poor, the story telling is shocking, the ai can be laughable at times and the leading times, my good they are pathetic, but there is actually a good game in there somewhere, I think.

Last edited by red red robbo; 28-05-2016 at 11:25 PM.

Old 28-05-2016, 11:37 PM
Arnold Muhren

About to start Last of Us again. Got about a 3rd in last go, tried to pick it up again but was in a tricky spot and kind of forgot how to play it so f*** it, let's start again . Great story though so I don't mind

Old 28-05-2016, 11:58 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
I wouldn't say you do actually. As armers says this goes right back to the very beginning of Nate's adventuring. There's a couple of characters that were introduced in earlier games but there's no need to know what went on.

I don't think this was the best of the series though, for me that is still number two.

It's really Tomb Radio lite. The puzzles are much easier, there is a lot more gun play and no dinosaurs.

It's very linear though bunks and I know you're not a fan of that sort of thing. It's like a really interactive film with some great set pieces.

The Last of Us is better. Way better.

I finished Uncharted last week and am currently playing the new Homefront game. It's a free roaming fps and it's crap but strangely compelling at the same time. The graphics are poor, the story telling is shocking, the ai can be laughable at times and the leading times, my good they are pathetic, but there is actually a good game in there somewhere, I think.
Love linear games with a solid story and end-game. Can't stand all that free roam open world balls. Bores me.

Old 29-05-2016, 12:07 AM
ScarFace

Started FM2016 the day we got Jose.

It's like an alternative universe. Depay is amazing. Martials been ****. Rashford is a 1star and Bastians played every game...

*im only in November.

Old 29-05-2016, 12:38 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
About to start Last of Us again. Got about a 3rd in last go, tried to pick it up again but was in a tricky spot and kind of forgot how to play it so f*** it, let's start again . Great story though so I don't mind
Still the best game I've played to date. Absolutely perfect.

Old 29-05-2016, 01:08 AM
Why Don?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Still the best game I've played to date. Absolutely perfect.
Have you played resident evil 4?

Old 29-05-2016, 01:21 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Don?
Have you played resident evil 4?
No.

Old 29-05-2016, 02:27 AM
waynes ear's

Right.

Hadnt played a single uncharted game until 4. Some members of team fred (the solid one) said it'll be worth getting.

Bought it. Completed it. What a game. 10/10. Bought the remastered collection on the back of it. Dont need any f***ing back story, 4 covers it all.

Love the little crash cameo loading screen the lot.

Edit: nates mrs? Would bang. Understanding sort.

Edit edit: cant be arsed with last of us. Bought it for the mrs on release. Still havent played it. Overhyped

Anyway lads whens COD4 remaster out

Last edited by waynes ear's; 29-05-2016 at 02:30 AM.

Old 29-05-2016, 09:21 AM
bobbledinho

Last of Us is in a different league to any other linear game. It's almost sad how nothing else gets close to it. Really hope Naughty Dog have something new to announce at E3 either a LOU sequel/prequel or just a brand new IP.

I managed to play all of LOU without using the bow convinced myself it was shit early on and never upgraded it.

And the multiplayer is completely underrated.

Old 29-05-2016, 09:31 AM
NegativeNorris

Did a bit of 'noob tubing' on MW2 this morning. Worth it just to piss people off.

I also completed the campaign on BioShock again recently. Such a classic.