United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Gaming

Old 28-07-2014, 03:31 AM
guerreiro

Mario Kart 8 and Mario 3D World.

I have all the systems and games coming out of my ears (well I did until I just sold over 100 of them), but haven't touched any for yonks. Prefer to play with my kids now, so thought I'd try Mario Kart. My Wii-U has been mothballed since the first day I got it; literally never turned it on after 10mins of play.

Anyway, it's been a revelation, absolutely loving Mario Kart. Just solid fun, well put together can play just as easily with kids (who are crap) or against the CPU. The biggest surprise though was Nintendo's online network works a treat, connect and find a full game every time and don't have to speak to other twats whilst playing.

I'll be sticking to the Wii-U now, till Disney Infinity 2.0 comes out in Sept for the PS4.

Old 28-07-2014, 09:23 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
what a game

the beach landing was epic

One of the best gaming moments ever.

Spent a lot of the weekend on BF4 after not playing it for over a month. The new Dragon's Teeth maps are pretty good, light on vehicles nearly all infantry fights. Unlocked all the new weapons and reached rank 100 (Thank you double XP weekend )

Old 28-07-2014, 09:27 AM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
I have all the systems and games coming out of my ears (well I did until I just sold over 100 of them), but haven't touched any for yonks. Prefer to play with my kids now

Old 28-07-2014, 09:32 AM
Tiberian

Working through a few of the games i picked up during the Steam Summer sale, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Dishonoured , Amnesia The Dark Descent(very effective horror game). System Shock 2 was a nostalgia purchase but once you get over the old time graphics it is still a fantastic game, easily comparable to any of the Bioshock games.

Wolfenstein on the PS4, excellent, the only AAA game on next gen worth playing. Indie games are keeping those systems alive.

Old 28-07-2014, 09:38 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Working through a few of the games i picked up during the Steam Summer sale, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Dishonoured , Amnesia The Dark Descent(very effective horror game). System Shock 2 was a nostalgia purchase but once you get over the old time graphics it is still a fantastic game, easily comparable to any of the Bioshock games.

Wolfenstein on the PS4, excellent, the only AAA game on next gen worth playing. Indie games are keeping those systems alive.
Wolfenstein was a joy.

Last of Us out this weekend. never played it before, after I complete I'll probably sell. I think I'm going to transition to strategy games. Find them much more satisfying.

Old 28-07-2014, 09:44 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Wolfenstein was a joy.

Last of Us out this weekend. never played it before, after I complete I'll probably sell. I think I'm going to transition to strategy games. Find them much more satisfying.
Played Last of Us on PS3, it was a superb game. As far as I know there is no new content added in, just better graphics. Still considering buying it just for a reason to turn on the PS4.

PC is king for Strategy, used to love the Total War series, and Civ of course.

Old 28-07-2014, 10:14 AM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Finished Wolfenstein recently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep
Mass Effect 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Only really play dayz. .
Or more likely company of heroes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelToe
pc - keep meaning to play the metro games, 2033 and last light.
All superb games

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Mario Kart 8 and Mario 3D World.

I'll be sticking to the Wii-U now
My man

On with the Witcher 1 at the moment, never played it all the way through so plan to do that, then 2 in preperation for 3

Old 28-07-2014, 10:47 AM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelToe
ps3 -dragon's crown - side scrolling rpg\beat em up. very reminiscent of gauntlet\golden axe.

all the souls games on and off - demons, dark and dark 2. just rotate between them when i hit a wall.

pc - i was half way though south park but got a bit bored. keep meaning to play the metro games, 2033 and last light. i'd imagine you'd like them, lazzers.

not played episode 2 or 3 of series 2 of the walking dead yet either.

ah well, the missus is away tomorrow for 4 days so plenty of time to catch up on gaming. either that or w**king
have you got the add on for DS2? crown of the sunken king? i was dissapointed with DS2 overall, i just didnt find it challenging enough even though it would have been simple for them to make it harder, all the bosses were far too easy, did them all either first time or with just one or two deaths. the new add on is great though, ive got to the first boss of two and its f***ing solid, ive had about 30 or so cracks at it so far and still havent done it, its great.

Old 28-07-2014, 10:52 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
have you got the add on for DS2? crown of the sunken king? i was dissapointed with DS2 overall, i just didnt find it challenging enough even though it would have been simple for them to make it harder, all the bosses were far too easy, did them all either first time or with just one or two deaths. the new add on is great though, ive got to the first boss of two and its f**king solid, ive had about 30 or so cracks at it so far and still havent done it, its great.
Now you see, this is exactly the sort of thing that would put me off a game. Why the f*** do you want to have 30 goes at trying to do the same thing?

I don't mind a challenge and having to take some time to get past bits of games but boss battles are just so lazy these days, I really can't be doing with them.

Old 28-07-2014, 10:58 AM
est.1878

Thumbs up

Empire total war.

Almost as addicted to it as I was with colonization (sic) when I was about 12