United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread
 
Old 11-04-2007, 12:22 PM
The Return of JC
 
Default Any Football Manager 2007 experts on here?

Got it recently as a gift. Never played it before.

Any one got any tips?

I want to start as a lower league side. Progress. Earn a reputation and eventually dominate mankind.
 
Old 11-04-2007, 12:42 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver
 
Default

the missus bought it for me yesterday and I immediatly downloaded a thing called genie scout which does all of the hard work for you. It taps in to your savegame and you can use it to find all of the top players and the prices you need to buy them.
 
Old 11-04-2007, 12:44 PM
koppas
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Got it recently as a gift. Never played it before.

Any one got any tips?

I want to start as a lower league side. Progress. Earn a reputation and eventually dominate mankind.
Here is a tip. It gets boring after a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
the missus bought it for me yesterday and I immediatly downloaded a thing called genie scout which does all of the hard work for you. It taps in to your savegame and you can use it to find all of the top players and the prices you need to buy them.
What is the point of cheating?
 
Old 11-04-2007, 12:44 PM
The Return of JC
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
the missus bought it for me yesterday and I immediatly downloaded a thing called genie scout which does all of the hard work for you. It taps in to your savegame and you can use it to find all of the top players and the prices you need to buy them.
That's kind of a cheat though, isn't it?

I just want some general 'dos' and 'don'ts'.

The missus bought mine too. Are they nuts??
 
Old 11-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Salien
 
Default

First tip is to make sure you have got all the patches. It's not very stable out of the box. 7.0.2 is the latest i think.

If you want to start with a lower league team, look for the ones with obvious potential e.g. stadium size etc. these will help you down the line when you will be relying on income from ticket sales. Also try to arrange some home friendlies against big clubs, this is good for getting some money in the bank. Parent clubs are very friendly if you are a small club as well since the parent club will send you some players on loan.

If you are starting in the Conference i would also suggest patience since it can take ages to get promoted since there is only one promotion spot.

I would recommend starting as a club in another country, where the work permit laws are relaxed. You can then take advantage of some brilliant non-eu players. Belgium, Germany, Holland are all good for this.
 
Old 11-04-2007, 12:49 PM
The Return of JC
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salien
First tip is to make sure you have got all the patches. It's not very stable out of the box. 7.0.2 is the latest i think.

If you want to start with a lower league team, look for the ones with obvious potential e.g. stadium size etc. these will help you down the line when you will be relying on income from ticket sales. Also try to arrange some home friendlies against big clubs, this is good for getting some money in the bank. Parent clubs are very friendly if you are a small club as well since the parent club will send you some players on loan.

If you are starting in the Conference i would also suggest patience since it can take ages to get promoted since there is only one promotion spot.

I would recommend starting as a club in another country, where the work permit laws are relaxed. You can then take advantage of some brilliant non-eu players. Belgium, Germany, Holland are all good for this.
Cheers.

What about tactics?
Training? The little teamtalk bits?
 
Old 11-04-2007, 12:53 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
That's kind of a cheat though, isn't it?

I just want some general 'dos' and 'don'ts'.

The missus bought mine too. Are they nuts??
Well there is plenty built in to make it hard for you even if you know who would be best to buy. If you are Watford you will still not do too well in your first few season cos you are Watford, you have to build up. If you want Dos and don'ts then do buy the young goalie Plummer from Ipswitch and don't sub your most important player in the first half cos he is playing badly as he is likely to strop and it is best to give him time.
 
Old 11-04-2007, 03:45 PM
Salien
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Cheers.

What about tactics?
Training? The little teamtalk bits?
442 with one centre mid going forward and one back. two wide men going forward one step. mixed passing and closing down switch, half way to the right so it says often. tackle hard. that pretty much works for me most games and is a good place to start. Also a good way of getting some extra goals is to set your corners to 'near post' and have someone tall and good at heading and jumping to do a 'near post flick on'. it gets you about 15-20 extra goals a season if you have the right player for the job.

Training is pretty straight forward, just have a separate schedule for the different areas of the pitch, keepers, defenders, midfielder etc. try to squeeze as much as you can into the training without exceeding 'medium'.

Teamtalks, can make a real difference and i think what you say depends on your players personalities and moral. at the beginning of the game wish the team luck if your form is ok or tell them to relax if the form is poor. if a player is low on moral at the beginning of the game tell them 'you have faith'. It's a bit trial and error, but you will see from the assistant manager's teamtalk report what effect you are having.

If you get Genie Scout you can have fun buying the young unheard ofs with loads of potential. the best way to realise the potential if you are lower league is just to play them since your coaches, training facilities and chance of loaning them out are reduced. Throw 'em in and stick with them.
 
Old 11-04-2007, 04:09 PM
The Return of JC
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salien
442 with one centre mid going forward and one back. two wide men going forward one step. mixed passing and closing down switch, half way to the right so it says often. tackle hard. that pretty much works for me most games and is a good place to start. Also a good way of getting some extra goals is to set your corners to 'near post' and have someone tall and good at heading and jumping to do a 'near post flick on'. it gets you about 15-20 extra goals a season if you have the right player for the job.

Training is pretty straight forward, just have a separate schedule for the different areas of the pitch, keepers, defenders, midfielder etc. try to squeeze as much as you can into the training without exceeding 'medium'.

Teamtalks, can make a real difference and i think what you say depends on your players personalities and moral. at the beginning of the game wish the team luck if your form is ok or tell them to relax if the form is poor. if a player is low on moral at the beginning of the game tell them 'you have faith'. It's a bit trial and error, but you will see from the assistant manager's teamtalk report what effect you are having.

If you get Genie Scout you can have fun buying the young unheard ofs with loads of potential. the best way to realise the potential if you are lower league is just to play them since your coaches, training facilities and chance of loaning them out are reduced. Throw 'em in and stick with them.
Cheers mate.

I'll try that all tonight and hold you fully responsible for my team's results.
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Any Football Manager 2007 experts on here?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Football Manager 2007 Qwertyuiop Gaming 7 19-07-2007 02:20 PM
Football Manager 2007 For The 360 ScarFace Gaming 2 03-02-2007 05:20 PM
Football Manager LoonofMufc Football 7 23-01-2007 03:30 PM
Hows Football Manager 2007 then? Luffy Gaming 3 26-12-2006 10:44 PM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:41 AM.

Copyright 2006 - 2018 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.