United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantona's collar
Carrick's performance last night showed just why we need to sign Hargreaves (or at least a player like him)
Carrick was superb last night because he had a player who can tackle alongside him, this gave him much more freedom to move forward which he doesn't have when playing alongside Scholes.

Carrick has been used as a defensive midfielder this season when really this isn't his game, he is more of a Veron than a Makalele (sp?).

We will see the real Micheal Carrick next season (if we get Hargreaves)
Yeah but i think he does well just infront of the back 4 and he still played that position in a way last night. It was the fact that there was an outrageous amount of space created by Rooney and Ronaldo which allowed him to get forward.

I personally think that the reason why we are top is because of Carrick sitting in front of ther back 4 and allowing scholesy to work his magic.

The future is bright for Carrick and he is always improving.

Old 11-04-2007, 01:23 PM
Cantona's collar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
Yeah but i think he does well just infront of the back 4 and he still played that position in a way last night. It was the fact that there was an outrageous amount of space created by Rooney and Ronaldo which allowed him to get forward.

I personally think that the reason why we are top is because of Carrick sitting in front of ther back 4 and allowing scholesy to work his magic.

The future is bright for Carrick and he is always improving.
Yes, Carrick has done fantastic this season playing that role and is part of the reason that Scholes has had a bit of a Renaissance this season, his ability to pick out a pass is immense.

It is a credit to him that he has adapted so well to a role that is quite different to the one he prefers, i think once we sign Hargreaves or similar he will start to operate a similar role to what Veron played for Argentina.
Closed Thread