United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread
 
Old 11-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Rossi the Red
 
Question Is Carrick better than Hargreaves?

Look at all the top international sides...they all have a quality player who just sits infront of the defense and keeps the ball.

Brazil Gilberto, Italy pirlo, France Makelele Argentina Mascherano

United's is and should be Carrick....people in England prefer Hargreaves cos hes all action and his play is typically English...sometimes they don't appreciate Carrick cos he quietly goes about the game but if u watch him he barely misplaces a pass all game...he links the defense 2 the midfield and makes the play, dictates the tempo

There's a a place 4 both of them but United need Carrick i reckon!
 
Old 11-04-2007, 10:43 AM
antonin jablonsky
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
Look at all the top international sides...they all have a quality player who just sits infront of the defense and keeps the ball.

Brazil Gilberto, Italy pirlo, France Makelele Argentina Mascherano

United's is and should be Carrick....people in England prefer Hargreaves cos hes all action and his play is typically English...sometimes they don't appreciate Carrick cos he quietly goes about the game but if u watch him he barely misplaces a pass all game...he links the defense 2 the midfield and makes the play, dictates the tempo

There's a a place 4 both of them but United need Carrick i reckon!
Carrick's shown he has the ability to play further forward recently. As to who's better, not really an issue for me, different types of players who I think will complement eachother and form an excellent partnership.
 
Old 11-04-2007, 10:44 AM
MUFC One Love
 
Default

Hargreaves would do what Fletcher did last night only consistently every week and probably better.
 
Old 11-04-2007, 11:03 AM
Macca1990
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Hargreaves would do what Fletcher did last night only consistently every week and probably better.
Indeed


As to the title of this thread its irrelevant they're diffrent types of players
 
Old 11-04-2007, 11:04 AM
violater
 
Default

different players...

englands midfield should be hargreaves and carrick in the middle.

joe cole one wing , gerrad floating .
 
Old 11-04-2007, 11:05 AM
Rossi the Red
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
different players...

englands midfield should be hargreaves and carrick in the middle.

joe cole one wing , gerrad floating .
That would be a quality midfield! Drop the fat c***
 
Old 11-04-2007, 11:27 AM
Harry Flashman
 
Default

As someone commented on the radio after the England debacle of a couple of weeks ago regarding the Gerrard Lampard problem.

You dont have to play the two allegedly "best" players in midfield just the two that play the best together. (Carrick/Scholes)

Look where Man Utd. are in the League compared to Chelsea and Liverpool.



Well said that man
 
Old 11-04-2007, 11:56 AM
Barca '91
 
Default

Carrick is definately being groomed as Scholes' replacement. Not to marshall in front of the back 4.
 
Old 11-04-2007, 12:10 PM
Whalefish
 
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
different players...

englands midfield should be hargreaves and carrick in the middle.

joe cole one wing , gerrad floating .
I'll have some of that.
 
Old 11-04-2007, 12:45 PM
Cantona's collar
 
Default

Carrick's performance last night showed just why we need to sign Hargreaves (or at least a player like him)
Carrick was superb last night because he had a player who can tackle alongside him, this gave him much more freedom to move forward which he doesn't have when playing alongside Scholes.

Carrick has been used as a defensive midfielder this season when really this isn't his game, he is more of a Veron than a Makalele (sp?).

We will see the real Micheal Carrick next season (if we get Hargreaves)
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Is Carrick better than Hargreaves?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Carrick > Hargreaves Luffy Football 18 08-12-2007 07:21 PM
Carrick and Hargreaves CamelToe Football 9 25-11-2007 02:53 AM
How we can line up without Carrick and Hargreaves Paul Mcgrath Football 37 04-10-2007 05:03 PM
Carrick and Hargreaves BOTH out for a month. Sparky*** Football 8 04-10-2007 04:57 PM
Hargreaves + Carrick + Scholes Lou_Macari_Chippy Football 74 27-08-2007 08:42 AM
All times are GMT. The time now is 10:02 PM.

Copyright 2006 - 2018 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.