United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Not Football related > Science & Technology
Closed Thread

Old 20-05-2014, 12:59 PM
dodger

Default Bluetooth - hands free in car

i just bought a car that has all the controls for hands free and all that shit on the steering wheel. it would seem that the car I bought doesn't have the bluetooth module though as when I press the phone button it shows an empty auxillery input on the radio screen.
This was of no concern to me when i bought it as i don't need to use the phone while driving but of course Ms.Dodger has now decided it's a crucial issue.
Does anybody have an knowldge of retro fitting a bluetooth module? The car is all set up for it so I reckon it would be just a case of pluggign a box in. i can't seem to find any info on the web though.
i'd rather not have one of those parrot gadgets on the dash when there are already a raft of buttons for the specific purpose.

Old 20-05-2014, 01:12 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Have you tried to connect it via bluetooth first? Just pressing the phone button won't work.

Go to the settings on your dashboard and there should be an option. What car is it?

Old 20-05-2014, 01:53 PM
dunk

What car?

I got a BMW 3 series without the BlueTooth 'fin' on the roof, they wanted 1,100.00 to retro fit one

Bought a little speaker thing that fits on the Visor for 80 in the end

Old 20-05-2014, 01:59 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Have you tried to connect it via bluetooth first? Just pressing the phone button won't work.

Go to the settings on your dashboard and there should be an option. What car is it?
something like this, you probably have to pair the phone to the device, if all else fails read the instructions.

Old 20-05-2014, 02:06 PM
Rorschach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
something like this, you probably have to pair the phone to the device, if all else fails read the instructions.

Mrs R. has used a couple of these - says they're tip top...

Parrot

Old 20-05-2014, 02:08 PM
Why Don?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach

Parrot
Whoosh parrot?

Old 20-05-2014, 02:16 PM
Rorschach

Hey ho.

Old 20-05-2014, 02:22 PM
dodger

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Appreciate the thought and everything chaps but I'm not a total moron. There's definitely no bluetooth connectivity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
What car?

I got a BMW 3 series without the BlueTooth 'fin' on the roof, they wanted 1,100.00 to retro fit one
I was afraid of that. It's a peugot 508, so hopefully the numbers won't be quite so ludicrous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach

Parrot
Yeah, they're good. I'd just rather not have one like that if I can help it.

Don't we have an auto-electrician on the forum? And if not; why not?!

Old 20-05-2014, 02:24 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Answer is probably here pal
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...uetooth-28298/

Old 20-05-2014, 02:44 PM
dodger

Quote:
Yeah, been all over that. They're as ignorant as i am. I might get a log in and pose the same questiion but they dont seem a super knowledgable bunch.
Closed Thread