United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 11:23 AM
Tiberian

Default Evra?

Where is he? Thought he was only supposed to be out for a week, and would be back easily in time for the Blackburn match, but no sign of him there, or mention of him in regards to the the Roma match.

Prefer him to play than liability Heinze.

Old 02-04-2007, 11:28 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Where is he? Thought he was only supposed to be out for a week, and would be back easily in time for the Blackburn match, but no sign of him there, or mention of him in regards to the the Roma match.

Prefer him to play than liability Heinze.
I think Heinze has bene playing well in his last few games. Took a bit of time to get back in teh swing of things. Don't know what's going on with Evra though

Old 02-04-2007, 11:31 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I think Heinze has bene playing well in his last few games. Took a bit of time to get back in teh swing of things. Don't know what's going on with Evra though
Heinze's been excellent in the last few games. Evra is still injured though he was said to be a slight possibility for Satdee so he must be getting close to fitness.

Old 02-04-2007, 11:36 AM
Tiberian

Heinze excellent? Not for me, his distribution is poor, and he is so slow on the overlap. Add his elbowing, niggley style and i always worry about potential red cards with him. Had a couple of decent games recently, but no more.

Could see Mancini giving him real problems, Heinze like a battle against his opponent, someone like Mancini could exploit his aggressive style.

As for the idea of him alongside Rio, no thank you.

Old 02-04-2007, 11:39 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Could see Mancini giving him real problems, Heinze like a battle against his opponent, someone like Mancini could exploit his aggressive style.
I'm not even thinking about europe. if we do well in that this year it's a bonus. The League is everything.

Old 02-04-2007, 11:48 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Heinze's been excellent in the last few games. Evra is still injured though he was said to be a slight possibility for Satdee so he must be getting close to fitness.
Where did you hear that?

Because I've heard nothing from the club and Fergie never mentions himwhen talking about injured players.

It's really quite mysterious.

Old 02-04-2007, 12:01 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Where did you hear that?

Because I've heard nothing from the club and Fergie never mentions himwhen talking about injured players.

It's really quite mysterious.
It was on the official site on Friday.

Old 02-04-2007, 12:37 PM
celtbion

Has anyone noticed that we've had a little shift in tactics in the past couple of weeks? First 2/3 of the season, our full backs were regularly pushed on and providing width. After a few frights from teams counter-attacking directed at the space vacated (remember Vidic being pulled out of position a few times) and the realisation that Ronaldo in particular doesn't really need a full back overlapping in support as he can pretty much do it alone, I think we're letting our full-backs sit back and focus on defending more. This may be why Evra is not re-appearing straight away. We've gotten to the business end of the season, heading away to Rome and the like, and they want to bed in a back four capable of defending slightly more solidly.

I suppose John O'Shea was scarcely included in that scenario, mind!

Pity we can't get Evans back from Sunderland. Young but I think he's gained enough from international experience to be a serious option, unlike his compatriot Cathcart.

A back four of O'Shea, Ferdinand, Brown and Heinze should be pretty solid but we can't afford another injury over the next couple of weeks.

Old 02-04-2007, 12:40 PM
Firswood Red

Fergie said that Evra will probably be given a game on the reserves on Thursday and will definately be in the squad for Saturday

Old 02-04-2007, 12:44 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firswood Red
Fergie said that Evra will probably be given a game on the reserves on Thursday and will definately be in the squad for Saturday
Heinze is looking solid again now. I don't know whether Evra will get his place back. With Vidic out now, the defence probably needs Heinze in there somewhere.
Closed Thread