United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Science & Technology
Reply
 
Old 18-11-2013, 09:06 PM
HERTS_RED
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
If they are worth 10k in another year or so then getting in now is cheap. China are driving this.
I'm tempted just checked that localbitcoin and the only offer I can see is for $842 (up to 10k) I've got a load of dollars which I exchanged when it was over $2 so that should lower it a bit but f***ing hell
 
Old 18-11-2013, 09:10 PM
armchair
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERTS_RED
I'm tempted just checked that localbitcoin and the only offer I can see is for $842 (up to 10k) I've got a load of dollars which I exchanged when it was over $2 so that should lower it a bit but f***ing hell
bitstamp and btc-e are cheaper. btc-e require the least amount of info BUT I'd use bitstamp if I were you. localbitcoin sellers generally set their prices as gox*1.25 or whatever. You don't have to buy a whole bitcoin btw
 
Old 18-11-2013, 09:21 PM
HERTS_RED
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
bitstamp and btc-e are cheaper. btc-e require the least amount of info BUT I'd use bitstamp if I were you. localbitcoin sellers generally set their prices as gox*1.25 or whatever.
Cheers on bitstamp each $1000 will get me 1.59509459 BTC

f*** it am going in
 
Old 18-11-2013, 09:25 PM
tatty
 
Default

The concept appeals because it removes the ability of governments to steal from the poor and middle through inflation.

Which is exactly why it will get crushed once it shows potential of moving out of the internet geeky circle and in to the electronic pocket of the average bloke on the street.
 
Old 18-11-2013, 09:31 PM
Gypsum Fantastic
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
The concept appeals because it removes the ability of governments to steal from the poor and middle through inflation.

Which is exactly why it will get crushed once it shows potential of moving out of the internet geeky circle and in to the electronic pocket of the average bloke on the street.
how will they do that then?
 
Old 18-11-2013, 09:38 PM
tatty
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
how will they do that then?
I haven't researched it beyond reading a couple of threads on HousePricecrash and Zero Hedge so i'm a notch above clueless.

I guess perhaps they'd make it illegal to accept any payment in anonymous form by any 'normal' business. It won't kill it but it will prevent it becoming a threat to mainstream fiat currencies.
 
Old 18-11-2013, 09:42 PM
armchair
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I haven't researched it beyond reading a couple of threads on HousePricecrash and Zero Hedge so i'm a notch above clueless.

I guess perhaps they'd make it illegal to accept any payment in anonymous form by any 'normal' business. It won't kill it but it will prevent it becoming a threat to mainstream fiat currencies.
They've just had a senate hearing an said it's not illegal, compared it to email and said that they don't need any new laws and also that cash is the money laundering instrument of choice. Very bullish tbh.

They're going to tax it but that's not the same as trying to destroy it. FinCen were brilliant from a bitcoin pov. The price hasn't risen $100 in the last couple of hours for nothing.

It's not anonymous. It's semi-anonymous and the secret service guy said that apart from moment they didn't need any new tools.

As someone posted on https://bitcointalk.org/ "I don't watch many senate hearings but I when I do I expect to be vastly richer afterwards."
 
Old 18-11-2013, 10:30 PM
TheKitchenSink
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
It's exploded during the senate hearings. It's in a bubble atm and will crash but in 2 years time it'll appreciate more than any investment.
this is the way i see it going as well... but wouldn't it be better to wait for the crash, buy in bulk then and wait it out rather than buying now?
 
Old 22-11-2013, 09:12 PM
HERTS_RED
 
Default

25% in 3 days

Going to make it a long term hold unless it goes mental
 
Old 23-11-2013, 07:48 AM
HERTS_RED
 
Default

Max Keiser on news night last night

Reply
Thread Tools
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:40 PM.

Copyright 2006 - 2018 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.